Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav issue

Caz1806

Had my new Yaris for about 2 months and having a problem with my built in sat nav. 

It keeps losing connection. 

Any ideas 

Thanks

Are you loosing connection when first connecting say for a trip rather than during a trip.

If if not connecting when you first plug it into usb port open up you phone and google maps will come on after pressing map button on the car info screen.

Another way is after pluging phone into car start car without depressing clutch this way mine will wake up my phone and display it on car info screen in maps set your destination then press on brake and then start button and you on your way.

Please note some programs interfear with google maps like find my device if you leave it on that page looking for say your keys or tablet return to your road maps before exiting program then it ok.

We've had a few issues in our Yaris Cross with the built in satnav not always finding a connection. Was particularly bad when we came over to the UK in May, several times it defaulted to Waze when the phone was plugged in and that was even worse so assumed it was network coverage in Devon and Cornwall.

On the whole seems to be OK here in Spain if sometimes a little slow to get a connection. It's on the list for the next visit to the dealers.

A 22 Yaris has a clutch? 😅

A Satnav needs to initialise as the constellations are not fixed and the last configuration known to the car may be different from the current.  The system needs to synchronise with at least 3 before it will display. 

A few days, maybe a couple of weeks, should not be an issue.  After a power off change of location it can take a while to lock on. 

With one Satnav I experienced regular lock up but only in the vicinity of the Southampton waterfront.  There are several places in Devon and Cornwall with unusual wiggly amps too. 

21 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

A 22 Yaris has a clutch?

In some European countries the 1.0 petrol is sold - though the UK Yaris is currently hybrid only.

23 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In some European countries the 1.0 petrol is sold - though the UK Yaris is currently hybrid only.

Like the OPs then.  And Derek from Durham must have an import?

16 hours ago, Derek.w said:

Are you loosing connection when first connecting say for a trip rather than during a trip.

If if not connecting when you first plug it into usb port open up you phone and google maps will come on after pressing map button on the car info screen.

Another way is after pluging phone into car start car without depressing clutch this way mine will wake up my phone and display it on car info screen in maps set your destination then press on brake and then start button and you on your way.

Please note some programs interfear with google maps like find my device if you leave it on that page looking for say your keys or tablet return to your road maps before exiting program then it ok.

Thanks for your help. 

It seems to be losing connection from the inbuilt signal as I'm not using my phone signal. 

It just goes on and off randomly. 

Was fine for the first couple of months. 

15 hours ago, Dexter290 said:

We've had a few issues in our Yaris Cross with the built in satnav not always finding a connection. Was particularly bad when we came over to the UK in May, several times it defaulted to Waze when the phone was plugged in and that was even worse so assumed it was network coverage in Devon and Cornwall.

On the whole seems to be OK here in Spain if sometimes a little slow to get a connection. It's on the list for the next visit to the dealers.

Thank you for your reply. 

Funnily enough in Devon at the moment and it is very intermittent. 

Perhaps I'd better go to Spain 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with the cloud based sat nav losing connection and I am in Derbyshire. The strange thing is that I can be in the same place or following the same route and one day the sat nav will show a strong 4g signal and be fine and the next day show no signal and not connect. Makes the sat nav pretty useless so it's back to the phone and android auto. 

That is exactly what is happening to me. 

It is very frustrating

I have emailed Toyota but no solution as of yet. 

Thanks for the reply 

• 2 weeks later...

can't connect now to my connected services and tried factory reset but nothing, cloud symbol shows with red cross though it 😒 

Hi is your infotainment up to date? i had this problem in my Yaris until last week when I updated its software (kept nagging me to do this via a popup) since then it has worked ok. 

No mine up to date but thank you

I have the same problem with my yaris cross, you need a 4g signal showing in the cloud icon, the red cross means there is no signal so you can't connect to either the connected services or the cloud based navigation. There is a built in sim card in the head unit which seems to be pretty bad at finding a signal, I was in Cornwall recently and it was hit and miss whether it found a signal which meant the cloud based navigation was no use whatsoever. When I am at home I have resorted to connecting to my home wifi signal which enables you to use the connected services and I have found that if i disconnect from the wifi the 4g signal will sometimes start working.

Toyota techs are investigating the connectivity issues with the network provider (Vodafone).

thank you john and it troll for information *

15 hours ago, Toyota55 said:

I have the same problem with my yaris cross, you need a 4g signal showing in the cloud icon, the red cross means there is no signal so you can't connect to either the connected services or the cloud based navigation. There is a built in sim card in the head unit which seems to be pretty bad at finding a signal, I was in Cornwall recently and it was hit and miss whether it found a signal which meant the cloud based navigation was no use whatsoever. When I am at home I have resorted to connecting to my home wifi signal which enables you to use the connected services and I have found that if i disconnect from the wifi the 4g signal will sometimes start working.

The DCM (Data Communications Module) is used to connect to the 4G the head unit is connected to the DCM via USB

The 4g aerial is connected to the roof antenna

Do you or the op have the dealer fit Dashcam ??

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

The DCM (Data Communications Module) is used to connect to the 4G the head unit is connected to the DCM via USB

The 4g aerial is connected to the roof antenna

Do you or the op have the dealer fit dashcam ??

Lots of people are having issues with the smart connect not working! Could the Dashcam be interfering you think?

5 minutes ago, raymondolee said:

Lots of people are having issues with the smart connect not working! Could the dashcam be interfering you think?

I’ve also just read about newer dash and using 4G LTE so you could be right here

I got my car begining of April and had front and rear dashcams fitted then and everythinh been working OK till now

Due to the wire routing, there are known issue with the Nextbase cameras killing the dab and 4G/5G signals, but i wouldn't rule out an issue with the DCM either

Adding some clip on 5mm ferrites to the dab and gsm aerial cables as near to the radio/DCM as you can get usually sorts it

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122248857939?

With regards the new TAS600 Smart connect head units in some Yaris cross and Yaris Excel HB there are two issues:

• The DCM600 ( a separate data communication module just for the TAS600 ) needs a software update to fix an issue where the DCM600 may not boot correctly, Toyota have pushed this however it has highlighted another issue, this issue only affects Aygo X, Yaris & Yaris X *
  • The DCM600 connects to the Vodaphone mobile data network and Vodaphone are having technical issues which means the DCM600 cannot always connect to the network, Toyota are working with Vodaphone to get this resolved. This issue can affect any model using the Smart connect head units such as Aygo X, Yaris, Yaris X, Corolla, C-HR...

* The DCM600 is separate from the DCM used to provide e-call SOS functions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Devon, i just spotted the TSB on the portal by mistake while looking for something else

it looks like every one is pointing the finger at each other

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

With regards the new TAS600 Smart connect head units in some Yaris cross and Yaris Excel HB there are two issues:

• The DCM600 ( a separate data communication module just for the TAS600 ) needs a software update to fix an issue where the DCM600 may not boot correctly, Toyota have pushed this however it has highlighted another issue, this issue only affects Aygo X, Yaris & Yaris X *
  • The DCM600 connects to the Vodaphone mobile data network and Vodaphone are having technical issues which means the DCM600 cannot always connect to the network, Toyota are working with Vodaphone to get this resolved. This issue can affect any model using the Smart connect head units such as Aygo X, Yaris, Yaris X, Corolla, C-HR...

* The DCM600 is separate from the DCM used to provide e-call SOS functions.

Thanks Devon

I have a talk with my service provider Talkmobile and they got me to reset my network on my iPhone and 4G as worked ever since but I still can't connect to services and feed up of waiting for Myt to answer me so going to call at my local Toyota dealer on Monday

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links