Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front wheel turning

scannerman

Don't use red rubbers, a good old London multi stock or a Fletton does the trick 🤪

• Haha 3

The first time I heard about rubber bricks, I thought it was a joke.

But then learned that it referred to a soft kilned brick that is designed to be rubbed into shape,rousiors ,if IIRC.

Not sure about the spelling of the rousiors , it's a long time ago.

But I do remember that the idea was to rub the bricks into a tapering shape, so as to eliminate the problem of tapering the mortar joint instead,on an arch.

How this relates to front wheel turning, I have no clue.🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cyker said:

How do you people know so much about bricks?? :eek: 

In my case I started out as a bricklayer apprentice , and learned a bit about London stocks , and how to turn down flakey clients, during my time working as a surveyor (back to college and all that) out of the builders office in West Drayton that I have mentioned.

Maybe flash has a bricklayer background too.🙂

Another tip on bricks, don't use semi engineering bricks to chock car wheels, they are brittle and shatter easily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Are they London stocks?

100% authentic London’s bricks 🧱😂

• Haha 2

it's just another one of those things floating around my head, yes I have been around the trades, I can turn my hands to most things

living in 100-150 year old houses all my life, you tend to pick these things up

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

it's just another one of those things floating around my head, yes I have been around the trades, I can turn my hands to most things

living in 100-150 year old houses all my life, you tend to pick these things up

Yes, doing something is the effective way of learning something.

As you say, living in older houses certainly teaches building skills, well it does if you don't want to Shell out a load of £s every time they need repair, I can imagine that you can carry out your own plumbing and electrical work too from the way you look at and solve car problems so well for the folk on here.

I just wish that I was as capable as a few on here who are so clued up on how to repair and service cars.🙂

As it is , it looks like my best bet is to stick with Toyotas, and trust the reliability and build quality.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links