Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla 1.6 T3 Problem....

PeterNem

Hey people!

We've got a 52 reg Corolla 1.6 T3 (3 door hatch). This last day or two a rattling/squakign sound has developed at the front of the car passengers side when going over bumps or uneven surfaces, even at fairly low speeds.

This has pretty much just happened all of a sudden, it isn't a gradual thing.

If there is a passenger in the front seat however it toally disappears! I am assuming something is up wit the suspension but I am not mechanically minded so would appreciate some pointers!!!

I do drive the car fairly hard, but it shouldnt have this effect on a car less than a year old! I drove a V reg astra in the same way for 2 years without a problem!

I still it round corners and down some rough roads pretty quick, but not so stupidly quick that I cant control the car. I never skid/spin wheels/get tyres squealing!

So.... verdict? Did I wreck the suspension already?! If so thats pretty poor! Would any work needing to be done be covered under warranty, are they likely to turn round and say "Its your fault, you drive it too hard, we arent fixing it"??

Am sure you haven't killed the suspension already...

Spotted you looking at this while Im typing so will search for the previous posts which cover this problem as it is something that has been discussed before on the forum....

I'll post link to other discussion asap....

I can't find the post now, can anybody remember where the Corolla problem post was posted to ???

I'll take a look for it too! If you find it before me wuld be grateful if you could post it in here.

Cheers :) :

If I find it I will post it...

I am sure the Corolla boys will be a long shortly and click straight to the link as there was a decent discussion on various things that have happened to relatively new corolla's and the various fix/dealer recommendations for them.

A little suggestion, although I guess as things seem to work as it is now there isn't much point...

It's a little annoying that a fair bit of corolla stuff gets posted in the "Family" area, amnd then there is also the Corolla section in "TSport"... the thing is there is a lot of overlap, and some more general corolla issues which apply to all models get discussed in there.

Wouldn't it be better to Have corolla as a category, and then "tsport" as a sub category inside it, so that all posts relating to one model are roughly kept together?

I guess the same applies to the Yaris too...

Found a post referring to the glove box squeaking but I am fairly confident this isn't what it is.

I've just been out playign with the glovebox and it doesnt make the faintest noise, also the fact that the sound disappears when there is a passenger in the passengers seat seems to point elsewhere!

(p.s just put some foam behind the rear number plate, lets hope that stops it rattling....)

Okay, I now feel like a complete fool.... :unsure::unsure:

Just been out for a drive to try be a bit more specific about what it sounds like, where its coming from etc...

I was messing with the glove box as I was driving along etc etc and it didnt make any difference! I then leant on the passenger seat and it stopped.... I pulled over, moved the seat forwards and back a bit, and made sure it was secured in place properly, and the problem is gone! So obiously the last person to sit in the back hadnt pulled the seat back properly, even though it seemed to be securely in place!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links