Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just got a 2016 Yaris !

markybug

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

And the Sign Recognition is beyond useless

I have seen you post this before, i find mine fairly accurate i also have the speed warning on the sat nav so a bit belt and braces. 

It just gets confused too easily; I think having it tied to the GPS and coding some 'sanity checks' would help, but as it stands it's basically useless. It's got a surprisingly wide view as part of the problem is it picks up signs on side roads, which are usually 20mph these days, while the A road is 40 or 50mph!!

They really need to localize it - It should not be possible for it to show stupid limits like 80 or 130 or get confused between kph and mph so frequently. It's so half-baked I can't believe it's legal to be used in a car - Are there are no standards or regulations governing these ADAS devices!?

I'm just glad I can ignore it - If this was tied to a hard speed limiter I'd have been in so many accidents I'd need insurance for my insurance!! :laugh: 

• Like 2

Hill-start assist is on the Excel. Not sure if it's on the Icon. The rest are "meh" items. Use the indicators properly. Light-touch is dangerous, IMHO, as it often leads to misleading indication that can't be cancelled.

On 10/1/2022 at 11:26 AM, Cyker said:

Yeah, Toyota like simplicity, because simple is reliable, so they tend to tag behind other marques in some driving features, although sometimes they surprise you!

The Mk4 is very stand out, with things like all 4 electric windows being single-touch open/close and the HUD option (Sadly discontinued :sad: )

Just be glad you have a proper handbrake tho' - I am not getting on with the EPB in the new model and just ignore it now; It only gets used when I shift to Park and the car automatically engages it!

If I had a manual with an EPB I think I would sell it quite quickly!!!

Why do they have to over engineer something as simple as the hand brake what has worked for years, I look for a car with manual handbrake, air con not climate control and NO sunroof, which will probably start to leak eventually.

• Like 2

I don't get the obsession with EPBs over handbrakes either, I assume it's what the market demands, but it does make packaging easier and they don't need some convoluted mechanism to make the handbrake work with brake discs reliably.

It does mean it's an extreme expense if it goes wrong, and changing the pads is harder to DIY, but modern Toyota EPBs are supposed to be very reliable unlike the first ones so I'm not too worried about that, and since they've added the auto mode that lets you tie it to Park it at least works in a more sensible way now...

• Like 2

I don't get the obsession with EPBs over handbrakes either, 

I assume its to keep the gap between the seats less cluttered especially if there is an armrest etc. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

First clean since getting the car !

TBF we live on a farm, so it’s either muddy half the year or dry and very dusty, so my old once a month car cleaning regime is out the window!

IMG_5326.jpeg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Not be long till a year’s ownership now. 

have put about 14k on the little car. 

here it is after its first clean of the year last month ( living on a farm means it’s pointless cleaning regularly imo )

IMG_5326.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Mot and service in a couple of weeks. Have done about 15000 trouble free miles so far , hopefully sails through ! 🤞🏻 

• Like 3

So living on a farm means the cars are either dusty in spring summer or muddy in autumn winter 😂 

So nowadays they get cleaned twice a year, spring and autumn. Couldn’t face cleaning the Yaris and the civic so got a mini valet at one of those IMO places and seems decent? A Tesla and some new big bmw were in also so must be reasonable!

I must admit the fleck ? effect in the paint looks great when the car is clean and the suns out 😎

IMG_5670.jpeg

IMG_5671.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Car past its Mot/service with no issues as it approaches 50000 miles 👍🏻

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links