Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake whine!

Kimbo53

Hi all my partner has a 2003 Yaris getting a whiny sound when pushing the brake pedal but it’s intermittent any help would be appreciated ? Or anyone got Haynes manual that they no longer have a use for ? TIA

Is it a depressed sigh rather than a whine, I would think it's brake servo related or a worn pedal/pivot

try not to be in the car when the OH is, you will find the whine/moaning/sighing will soon subside

• Haha 1

Tried to get the other half to video it on my iPhone you know how difficult it is to do! 😬😫😬😫! Not sure how to proceed with this 😢😢

Sorry flash22 what’s the rear ones got to do with the noise/whine coming from the front/brake pedal?😵💫🥴😵💫👋

Try lubricating pivots and servo piston first keep oil off the pedals after oil apply a little grease.

Its always good practise to remove rear drums and tip out the brake dust every year.

You can have a slight noise from the front brake disc for this you need to remove calaper guide pins  tie it up with a cable tie remove pads hen inspect for wear if ok re-use remove.

Remove pad support plates clean away rust from casting clean plate apply copper grease to both sides. Do the same with top plate check pins will slide ok apply copper grease and some copper grease to the ends of disc pads lugs and on the back.

Caliper guide pin bolts Japan 25Nm

Caliper guide pin bolts France 32Nm

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Kimbo53 said:

Sorry flash22 what’s the rear ones got to do with the noise/whine coming from the front/brake pedal?😵💫🥴😵💫👋

Sounds do travel, and rear drums don't get cleaned or inspected as much as they should

A front pad hanging up

Well hopefully the weathers going to holed off for tomorrow and I’ll get em cleaned so 🤞🤞

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links