Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting 3sgt Engine To A Ceilca Vvti 2002 Model

3sgt

i want to no if any body has fitted a 3sgte engine to a 2000 model celica and what problem they had with making it fit into the engine bay (such as making up new engine mounts rad and intercooler bracket ) basiclly eall that needed to make it fit

anythings possible and being as the celica has plenty of room under the lid i dont see why it couldnt be done

the biggest problem youll have is ensuring the car can put the power down through the front wheels ok

another problem is the ECU system, the 3S is an old style engine while the gen 7 is a new style car

that probably doesnt make sense but there are quite alot of complications between the two ECUs

best chaps to talk to on the matter are Fensport

This conversion has been done at least 4 times now.

It ranges from difficult to damn right devils work.

Rod Millen has a 4WD 3SGTE conversion Gen7 which is running approx 500bhp. The only problem is the chassis isnt able to cope with this much power and i hear they tame the gear changes to avoid putting too much stress on it.

In the states a few have done the conversion minus the 4wd. They did a straight swap for an mr2 turbo rev3 engine and gearbox or a st205 engine and mr2 turbo gearbox.

Its not an easy job as the engine have diffrent mounts and the ecu's and looms are diffrent.

Costs mega bucks to do this job. You better off waiting for the possible gen8 turbo that has rumor to be heading our way. Dont hold your breath though :lol:

do a search on google on "2zz fe turbo kit"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links