Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

That irritating fan/blower sound....

M3NN0

The wife came back with the iQ and said the blower is on its way out. 

Bummer, turned it on and it made a pretty disturbing noise, although it didn't the day before and had a new cabin filter recently. So I opted for taking it out first and see what's going on.

The fan/blower is situated on the left hand side on left hand driven cars, don't know if it's applicable on R/H steer wheel iQ's too.... 

A conifer leaf/needle got stuck in between, touching the fan/blades. I was surprised how much unwanted noise it could make! Now it's gone=Happy days! 

IMG_20221030_132339.thumb.jpg.31619d4b1b4e4ca70e44785cf19a64de.jpg

IMG_20221030_132856.thumb.jpg.1b42b0d413568610460ca99f36efafaf.jpg

• Like 2

That's funny - I've had that in every single Yaris I have owned apart from the Mk4 so far!

How do they get past the cabin filter!??!

On an RHD - the blower motor is on the right, the only real way to get at it in a manual car is removing the clutch pedal as there is more in the way, unless you have tiny hands and skinny arms

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That's funny - I've had that in every single Yaris I have owned apart from the Mk4 so far!

How do they get past the cabin filter!??!

Is the pollen filter not after the fan blower?

• Like 1

Going off topic slightly I have had this happen on a Renault Laguna with one of the rear Speakers a twig/piece of wood found it’s way through the grille onto the diaphragm causing a  noise which made me think the speaker was faulty, but when I stripped the rear parcel shelf etc there it was must have got there when I took some garden rubbish to the tip.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links