Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Range and efficiency/consumption

bZ4xSupra

A decent review of the bz4x from Autogefühl.

Toyota bZ4X driving REVIEW with AWD and winter range test!

36 minutes ago, Kieran78 said:

decent review of the bz4x from Autogefühl

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been waiting for this since they published the first part. I’m assuming they held back on the driving review until after the wheel fix. 

So if you guys actually get an OTA that releases up to an extra 30 miles I can foresee a lot of happy people. 😃

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 3:37 PM, G S said:

OTA update coming soon ..

Most interesting part.

'Finally, the m/kWh readout on the trip computer. In the US, the law says this must add 10 per cent to the energy taken by the car from its Battery, to account for charging losses. But it's common in Europe for trip computers to give the battery-to -wheels figure, not grid-to-wheels. So that's what the bZ4X/Solterra will now do over here. So it'll appear better – while being the same'

I wasn’t aware there was a US EU difference. So if by magic I go from 2.5 miles per kWh to 2.8 by doing nothing. 

From an optics and comparison point of view this actually important. If all other EU EVs use the Battery to wheel approach then it’s been an unfair comparison up to now. 

On 1/13/2023 at 5:48 PM, Malop said:

Most interesting part.

'Finally, the m/kWh readout on the trip computer. In the US, the law says this must add 10 per cent to the energy taken by the car from its battery, to account for charging losses. But it's common in Europe for trip computers to give the battery-to -wheels figure, not grid-to-wheels. So that's what the bZ4X/Solterra will now do over here. So it'll appear better – while being the same'

I wasn’t aware there was a US EU difference. So if by magic I go from 2.5 miles per kWh to 2.8 by doing nothing. 

From an optics and comparison point of view this actually important. If all other EU EVs use the battery to wheel approach then it’s been an unfair comparison up to now. 

When I enquired about my map not showing charging stations and the profile not syncing display the dealer has asked me bring the car next Wednesday and the same time he did mention that there is a software update which will be done the same day. Hope it the software we are discussing about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rajavina said:

When I enquired about my map not showing charging stations and the profile not syncing display the dealer has asked me bring the car next Wednesday and the same time he did mention that there is a software update which will be done the same day. Hope it the software we are discussing about.

I also have feeling that mi/kWH is more if we don't use one pedal mode.

Did your MyT app failed to show range? When I checked mine this evening saw that app asks me to switch the car on/off to show range. I thought maybe we received the software update? 

Current software verison of my car is 1010. 

And different components software versions:

?? ?? 1025

VP SW 1005

GD SW 2421

VD SW 1005

VE SW 1005

OD SW 1001

SM SW 1001

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2023 at 5:59 PM, Rajavina said:

Mine is going for a DCM update tomorrow. (Data Communication Module)

Quite a complex and potentially damning update on delivered BZ4X versus the marketing. 

No OTA??

Note I still love my BZ4X but with hindsight not sure if I’d have gone with this over other options and even more so if the supply chain issues hadn’t affected other manufacturers. 

https://www-elbil24-no.translate.goog/nyheter/ingeniorene-fra-toyota-og-subaru-svarer/78271966?fbclid=IwAR0emKeKPYA1WOfeT-i61IEfbvVIWq3nU1bVTVtVwCbkIm7v7mZonThiIXQ&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Malop said:

Quite a complex and potentially damning update on delivered BZ4X versus the marketing. 

No OTA??

Note I still love my BZ4X but with hindsight not sure if I’d have gone with this over other options and even more so if the supply chain issues hadn’t affected other manufacturers. 

https://www-elbil24-no.translate.goog/nyheter/ingeniorene-fra-toyota-og-subaru-svarer/78271966?fbclid=IwAR0emKeKPYA1WOfeT-i61IEfbvVIWq3nU1bVTVtVwCbkIm7v7mZonThiIXQ&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

"Because in the fight not to stress the batteries, precisely to make them last longer, Toyota has as of today introduced a limitation of two quick charges per day with no limitations on charging power. Unfortunately, this is not optimal for everyone, especially not for the taxi industry, and others."

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 10:45 AM, bZ4X said:

"Because in the fight not to stress the batteries, precisely to make them last longer, Toyota has as of today introduced a limitation of two quick charges per day with no limitations on charging power. Unfortunately, this is not optimal for everyone, especially not for the taxi industry, and others."

" The first points in this matter will be done in the form of software, but the cars must go to a service point for a major update - not OTA. The bZ4X and Solterra aren't ready for in-depth OTA updates either, as the cars simply aren't built for it."

Not a big deal, but not a happy news too!

On 1/18/2023 at 10:49 AM, bZ4X said:

" The first points in this matter will be done in the form of software, but the cars must go to a service point for a major update - not OTA. The bZ4X and Solterra aren't ready for in-depth OTA updates either, as the cars simply aren't built for it."

" When we ask whether we can expect some of these measures to be completed and made known this year, he becomes a little more cautious.

- We dare not promise, but we hope, he replies."

We all experienced from previous hub/bolt recall 😂 how agile they actually are! Hopefully 5 years later they can resolve all these issues. 

16 hours ago, Malop said:

No OTA??

I'm reading between the lines here on this and feel free to shoot me down, but it feels like a lot of these changes won't come until the 2nd Gen of the Bz4x, or even in the 2024 year models and all they will be able to do for 2022-23 owners is just a few "OTA" updates in the dealerships to help improve a few things.

On 1/18/2023 at 10:52 AM, bZ4X said:

" When we ask whether we can expect some of these measures to be completed and made known this year, he becomes a little more cautious.

- We dare not promise, but we hope, he replies."

We all experienced from previous hub/bolt recall 😂 how agile they actually are! Hopefully 5 years later they can resolve all these issues. 

" We therefore asked Toyota's engineers who were present if they are working on specific measures that will also result in a longer range. The answer was pretty clear.

- Absolutely. We are working on several measures, but must go step by step, Daisuke Ido at Toyota told Elbil24."

This is the only good news from Toyota! 

1 hour ago, Kieran78 said:

An interesting owner review of the bz4x...

I totally agree with Infotainment system bug part. 

Paid more than 50 k£ and I can't even add secondary driver into system to able customize car and seat position! Toyota must take this very serious as it is the direct and only interaction between car and driver!

2 hours ago, Kieran78 said:

I'm reading between the lines here on this and feel free to shoot me down, but it feels like a lot of these changes won't come until the 2nd Gen of the Bz4x, or even in the 2024 year models and all they will be able to do for 2022-23 owners is just a few "OTA" updates in the dealerships to help improve a few things.

The way i read that, "only" Battery pre conditioning is not a back wards compatible feature. Everything else is straight up software / utilizing the existing platform

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 10:49 AM, bZ4X said:

Mine has gone to the dealer for a software update. Apparently more than one software needs updating and they want to make sure it is done properly. So it is going to be with them overnight and they have arranged for a courtesy car. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rajavina said:

Mine has gone to the dealer for a software update. Apparently more than one software needs updating and they want to make sure it is done properly. So it is going to be with them overnight and they have arranged for a courtesy car. 

When you get the car back from the dealer, try and find out the details on what those software updates are for and then keep us posted over the next few weeks as to whether these updates have actually made any difference regarding infotainment bug fixes, improved range etc.

1 hour ago, swoop5511 said:

The way i read that, "only" battery pre conditioning is not a back wards compatible feature. Everything else is straight up software / utilizing the existing platform

It would be great to just have a button on the dash for it rather than having to enter in a DC fast charger destination on the infotainment system navigation to initiate the pre-conditioning 30 mins before arrival. All EV manufactures should just cut the bullsh*t and just give us a !Removed! button for it.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:14 PM, Kieran78 said:

When you get the car back from the dealer, try and find out the details on what those software updates are for and then keep us posted over the next few weeks as to whether these updates have actually made any difference regarding infotainment bug fixes, improved range etc.

Got my car back after the update only late this evening. Something to do with maps and SOS.PXL_20230120_201935203-01.thumb.jpeg.7bee347333bf3d52a758098a6bed02d9.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Rajavina said:

Got my car back after the update only late this evening. Something to do with maps and SOS.PXL_20230120_201935203-01.thumb.jpeg.7bee347333bf3d52a758098a6bed02d9.jpeg

Below pictures are my current updated map version.

PXL_20230120_200939430-01.jpeg

PXL_20230120_201458250-01.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rajavina said:

Below pictures are my current updated map version.

PXL_20230120_201458250-01.jpeg

Thank you for details. What about below software versions? Are these like mine any change:

MJ SW 1010

CA SW 1025

VP SW 1005

GD SW 2421

VD SW 1005

VE SW 1005

OD SW 1001

SM SW 1001

12 hours ago, Rajavina said:

That clears one of my wonders - Toyota is using Here maps in this car 😉

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links