Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Efficiency

gbethell96

What mpg is everyone getting?

I've just got 50mpg on a tank in my 1994 1.6 Carina E on mixed roads, so impressed with the fuel eceonomy on these, puts a lot of modern cars to shame!

• Like 5

That's pretty good George.

I am expecting around 32 mpg on my Yaris tsport ,winter miles, short journeys.

But hey ho, it's cheaper than engine trouble and a new dpf on a modern diesel that's choked up on short journeys.

• Like 4

Hi George,

Well that's good,I thought 33-40 was the average for this make and year. Car must be in really good condition for its age. Have you had much work done since you've owned it.👍

• Like 4

50mpg?!?! In a 1.6L petrol?! You're right to be impressed - Even my 1.33 litre Yaris struggled to get that!! :eek: 

You must have right-foot like a feather!! :laugh: 

Apparently it has a 4A-series engine, so related to the engine in a certain panda-coloured Tofu Delivery drift car :laugh: ; That was clearly one of the best engine series Toyota ever built!

• Like 3

It's a great car, technically my Mum's which she bought brand new in December 94. But I use it a fair bit now, it's only done 87k miles and believe it or not only had it's first service in 24 years this year!!!

I couldn't believe it had run on the same oil for so long but being a Toyota it did so without any complaints.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, gbethell96 said:

It's a great car, technically my Mum's which she bought brand new in December 94. But I use it a fair bit now, it's only done 87k miles and believe it or not only had it's first service in 24 years this year!!!

I couldn't believe it had run on the same oil for so long but being a Toyota it did so without any complaints.

I should of brought one of these, brillant.😅

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links