Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

things i hate about my new Corolla.

jcr71

Cyker, no. 

At least a litre is over twice the capacity of my Ford Anglia.  My SAAB OTOH was over a gallon. 

On my Yaris Cross, all I know is that when full to the neck there is a large headspace in the bottle. 

Is there a low fluid light warning? 

• Like 2

I didn't notice one but I seriously doubt it in a car at this level; That's the sort of thing you only see in higher end cars in my experience. Same with things like oil level warning lights, rather than the oil pressure warnings that most cars have.

• Like 1

Indeed my 01 Merc had oil level, OK or Fill X ltr and well as washer warning. 

• Like 3

FWIW - Nearly every PSA product I've owned / driven had an oil level at start up gauge. 

Saxo / 106 & 107 excluded.

Both the 206s I owned also had an oil temperature gauge fitted & they where only 1.4 petrol versions.

• Like 3

I think I've mentioned before that the first and only car I ever owned with a screen washer low warning light was a Nissan Sunny and that would've been in the late 80s/early 90s. It has puzzled me off and on why none of my later cars had that feature. As for the reversing camera I've sort of got in the habit of wiping it with a wet finger every time I access the boot.

• Like 6

On 12/17/2022 at 3:05 PM, JayCee88 said:

I had a look into this steering wheel off centre and to me looks perfectly centred. Here some pictures taken of Toyota Facebook page, you can find them and look there . 

BC809D83-AF39-4823-B0BA-93B0F24B3866.jpeg

C31B9CE4-940C-49C8-AC47-CA575DA666DA.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AndrueC said:

As for the reversing camera I've sort of got in the habit of wiping it with a wet finger every time I access the boot.

Oh how i have got into that habit.

The Corolla is not perfect for the air-blow-back whilst driving causing rain and road-film to cover the whole of the rear section.

IIRC the Yaris Hybrid 13plate i had didn't never ever get as dirty as the Corolla gets.

• Like 6

On 1/26/2023 at 9:09 PM, forkingabout said:

FWIW - Nearly every PSA product I've owned / driven had an oil level at start up gauge. 

Saxo / 106 & 107 excluded.

Both the 206s I owned also had an oil temperature gauge fitted & they where only 1.4 petrol versions.

Agree, I’ve had Citroens for years, oil level at startup and low washer level.

The XM had two washer tanks, front and back screens plus headlamps, both held over a gallon.

• Like 2

That wretched door open alarm. :censored: 

And the other various bleeps and bongs that seem to have no reason or function as there is no associated visual alert.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bozz said:

That wretched door open alarm. :censored: 

And the other various bleeps and bongs that seem to have no reason or function as there is no associated visual alert.

Lol. You should try parking the car in a garage 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 2:34 PM, TonyHSD said:

I had a look into this steering wheel off centre and to me looks perfectly centred. Here some pictures taken of Toyota Facebook page, you can find them and look there . 

BC809D83-AF39-4823-B0BA-93B0F24B3866.jpeg

C31B9CE4-940C-49C8-AC47-CA575DA666DA.jpeg

It certainly depends on the camera/viewer angle in respect to the steering wheel, but I can see with these photos that the seat is a little bit to the left... 

😅

• Like 2

I don't like at all the "flimsiness" of the window's frame on every door!

You can literally push them with one finger and the frames deform without any stress...

I think that's the source of the majority of the road/wind noise inside the car. After I had to change the windshield due to a tiny crack, I began to hear more road noise at low speeds, I took again the car to the dealer so they could sort the issue, and they explained to me where the main frame of the windshield was, why it can be pushed in certain areas near the wipers, and that they indeed "fixed" a little bit the window frames to reduce the noises. Indeed they reduced the noises at low speeds, the car is now extremely quiet in the city, but noisier at the highways with higher speeds...

😬

Those frames and the water evacuation strategy at the back of the car are the only things that unsettles me with this car...

• Like 3

On 2/7/2023 at 2:32 PM, Gerhard_Corolla said:

I don't like at all the "flimsiness" of the window's frame on every door!

You can literally push them with one finger and the frames deform without any stress...

Could be a safety thing 🤔 That being said the car really is a bit noisy and better materials would help.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:32 PM, Gerhard_Corolla said:

the water evacuation strategy at the back of the car

For real, that's the only "proper" concern I have with this car. Heard some reports of premature rust at the back too...

• Like 4

On 2/9/2023 at 3:50 PM, SUPERIOR MUDFLAP said:

Could be a safety thing 🤔 That being said the car really is a bit noisy and better materials would help.

Who knows, I simply cannot see how flimsy window frames would contribute to passenger's safety, the frames seat against the chassis and you're surrounded by airbags... But , yes, I think they misplaced the Corolla's market, and a lot of the technology it has, would be resources better allocated to the "mechanical" side of the car. 

On 2/9/2023 at 3:50 PM, SUPERIOR MUDFLAP said:

For real, that's the only "proper" concern I have with this car. Heard some reports of premature rust at the back too...

Indeed, I'm still trying to find a solution to impede debris to pass behind the rear lights' covers and fender. It has to be a permeable kind of "sponge" that allows water, humidity and air to pass through but not debris. I've not found anything suitable yet in Germany, but it could be something used to control pests in facades that need ventilation behind certain materials...

Ideally would be something that does not scratch the paint!

😅

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gerhard_Corolla said:

Who knows, I simply cannot see how flimsy window frames would contribute to passenger's safety, the frames seat against the chassis and you're surrounded by airbags... But , yes, I think they misplaced the Corolla's market, and a lot of the technology it has, would be resources better allocated to the "mechanical" side of the car. 

Indeed, I'm still trying to find a solution to impede debris to pass behind the rear lights' covers and fender. It has to be a permeable kind of "sponge" that allows water, humidity and air to pass through but not debris. I've not found anything suitable yet in Germany, but it could be something used to control pests in facades that need ventilation behind certain materials...

Ideally would be something that does not scratch the paint!

😅

Best way to keep the cars for long and trouble free is to not add any extra rust protection, any extra sound proofing, or change anything except a new sets of wheels if you would like and that’s it. Stay stock and original 👌
Just regular service on time and maintenance including cleaning around the lights in question, if you gonna keep the cars for 100k + miles , cleaning egr, check and clean Battery fan filters etc. More work you do that it’s not necessary, more trouble you will have in future. Only replace things when they are broken and you have too. Don’t pay attention to small imperfections, it’s a Toyota not a Bentley. 😀👍

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Out in the fog this morning on  my daily commute and auto lights activated so headlights on.

Turned my fog lights on.

Auto lights then decided that there was enough daylight and turned off the headlights and the fog lights.

Crazy.

Why, if I had manually turned the fog lights on did the auto lights turn them off again?

Bozz

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bozz said:

Out in the fog this morning on  my daily commute and auto lights activated so headlights on.

Turned my fog lights on.

Auto lights then decided that there was enough daylight and turned off the headlights and the fog lights.

Crazy.

Why, if I had manually turned the fog lights on did the auto lights turn them off again?

Bozz

It was hard to put everything on manual this time to override the confusing conditions for the sensors ? 🤷‍♂️ Honestly , what some people can complain about is just too much

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

It was hard to put everything on manual this time to override the confusing conditions for the sensors ? 🤷‍♂️ Honestly , what some people can complain about is just too much

Indeed, after the first time that lighting sensors override a common sense call on visibility issues, it's just time to manually turn on the lights you need. The sensitivity of the sensors is high, I've set the sensitivity at the lowest set possible and the lights still turn on in conditions were visibility is a non issue whatsoever.

The only thing I could complain about would be the lack of an "off" mode...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links