Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote climate Control on my Yaris 2021 Excel stopped working

Riyaz

The remote climate control function was working fine on my Yaris since I bought it , but has now stopped working. Every time I try to start it , i get an error message ' Something has gone wrong, the climate control system cannot be switched ON or OFF. Please try again later. This I think has happened after an upgrade on my iPhone to latest IOS. Has anyone else faced this issue?

• Like 1

iOS 16 been nothing but trouble since the beginning. You may need to double check your phone settings., network connectivity. , reset all network settings but this will delete all saved Wi-Fi passwords. Sometimes it’s the only fix for similar issues. 

• Like 1

I have also been experiencing this issue with Android 11 phone and YC 2021  To my knowledge no changes recently.

Thought initially it was a poor mobile signal (for the car) but I tried it again at work where there is a good mobile signal and the problem persisted.

I just put it down to more problems and delays with Toyota servers as updates to the door locked status and last journey information were lagging significantly. Also the find my car function - flash the hazard lights - also failed to work.

Seems to me some unplanned down time has been occurring recently on the Toyota smart systems. When that happens, remote start doesn’t work and there is a gap in journey tracking, if you have that enabled.

oh you mentioned that already…

Edited by Baytree
Updated

Just locked my car, 12 seconds.  Recently it failed to pre condition at home but later did so in a car park. 

I just wonder how Toyota manages this smart connect.  As more and more cars become smart and more functions become available the server load will grow exponentially. 

TBH I wouldn't get used to it; At some point the software will stop being supported and the servers will be switched to the new shiny thing.

I've bitten by this too many times in the computing world and is why I shun anything that's purely 'cloud-based' nowadays, as I'm not paying so much money for something that can be unilaterally taken away at any point. Eventually they will decide it's not economical to run it any more and just pull the plug, leaving anything attached to it permanently disabled even if it would be perfectly functional otherwise.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cyker said:

TBH I wouldn't get used to it; At some point the software will stop being supported and the servers will be switched to the new shiny thing.

I've bitten by this too many times in the computing world and is why I shun anything that's purely 'cloud-based' nowadays, as I'm not paying so much money for something that can be unilaterally taken away at any point. Eventually they will decide it's not economical to run it any more and just pull the plug, leaving anything attached to it permanently disabled even if it would be perfectly functional otherwise.

What new shiny thing?

On 12/17/2022 at 12:03 PM, Cyker said:

That’s true. Just look at Toyota cars made pre 2019, most of their screen extras like sat navs doesn’t support map updates, been super slow to respond etc. Minecraft like pixels, just full stop for me. 
I follow Bugatti way: -“minimal use of screens as any great screen today will look ugly and be useless tomorrow “. 
Otherwise I can buy latest aftermarket with Apple car play that will serve me well for around £500, but why should I? I don’t even use a radio when driving 🫢👌 The power of the silence. 🤫

• Like 2

10 hours ago, anchorman said:

What new shiny thing?

I mean like the hypothetical new hotness, e.g. Yaris Mk5 or Mk6 depending when those become a thing.

For instance, a lot of older Toyotas just don't have map updates any more, with the argument that you can't expect them to support over 10 year old cars, and it will be the same with all this cloud-connected stuff, only likely sooner since that is much more expensive for them to maintain and keep running!

In fact, it's one concern I have about EVs in the long term, as they use protocols to negotiate charging, and I'm wondering what happens in the future when they obsolete the current protocol and older cars can't be updated...

• Like 2

I didn't even know that was an option for the MK4 Yaris.

Is it a setting available only on certain trims?

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

I mean like the hypothetical new hotness, e.g. Yaris Mk5 or Mk6 depending when those become a thing.

For instance, a lot of older Toyotas just don't have map updates any more, with the argument that you can't expect them to support over 10 year old cars, and it will be the same with all this cloud-connected stuff, only likely sooner since that is much more expensive for them to maintain and keep running!

In fact, it's one concern I have about EVs in the long term, as they use protocols to negotiate charging, and I'm wondering what happens in the future when they obsolete the current protocol and older cars can't be updated...

In near future cars will become a smartphones and the smartphones will become a cars, or a new way of transportation, teleport perhaps 🤔😂👌 

Not again, not long ago was the new fusion power,  now the teleportation 🤫👾🛸👽

17 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I follow Bugatti way: -“minimal use of screens as any great screen today will look ugly and be useless tomorrow “.

Not with android auto. (or Apple car play)

But agree with you more or less, Toyota is a generation or two behind others in screens and graphics(computing power).

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem with my Rav4 2023

"Something has gone wrong, the climate control system cannot be switched ON or OFF. Please try again later".

Has anyone managed to solve this problem?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links