Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT Hybrid Coaching - Yaris

ISL

I have now had my car for a few days but have noticed that the trips under hybrid coaching are slow to update.

For example I made 4 trips yesterday. The latest trip appeared first, followed by trip 1 and 2. Trip 3 is still missing.  Also a trip that was missing from last Tuesday has only just appeared this morning. Wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience.

Yup, standard random logging.  Lots have complained to Toyota and we hope they are working on it. 

Other quirks are not showing the correct Find my Car position and not recording the whole of a journey over 3 hrs length. 

The latter is due to the data module having a limit of 2,000 data points. The solution is to stop, switch off and then resume your journey after a data dump.  I don't know how short the switch off period can be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a gimmick really. Probably switch it off before long. Just need the mpg really. 

• Like 1

My wife wants the hybrid coaching turned off permanently.  She is livid that her driving efficiency is only at 71% while mine is currently at 94%.  She’s not sure on how to turn it off but I’ll let her stew for a little while longer. 😉

• Haha 5

Seriously, to get a high score you have to drive like a saint sitting his driving test.

• Like 1

Had a 98/100 on a long trip to Yeovil once, with 35% EV time and still getting 57mpg. Car was nearly new though so taking it easy.

17 hours ago, Jimota said:

Seriously, to get a high score you have to drive like a saint sitting his driving test.

So? 

My wife has now achieved a score of 88%.  She now wants the hybrid coaching kept on so that she can overtake me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On a serious note, anything that analyses your driving behaviour and encourages you to be more proactive in achieving a smoother and overall safer approach to your journey can only be a good thing.  I’m really enjoying the experience of driving a new Toyota hybrid and my wife does too.

• Like 3

97% is achievable for me but only on a very early morning route with low traffic and veeeery gentle acceleration, drivers behind me are not happy 😄. But during normal driving...70-80% is standard.

• Like 2

Totally agree with you.  Attaining a high score in light traffic is achievable but during rush hour and driving defensively when you might be making more use of the brakes, hybrid coaching seems to think that your braking is insensitive and irregular and marks you down.  I think it’s still a good app though.

• Like 2

Hurrah!  I’ve now achieved a perfect score 100/100.  Mind you, I only drove 71 yards!  Wait till I tell the wife!

• Haha 1

Here’s the full read out:

Driver Score    100/100

Duration           1 minute

Distance           71 Yards

Average Speed 2 MPH

EV Time             6%

EV Distance       22%

Consumption     6.1 MPG

Load of old tosh really!

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links