Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MFD whiteout

Kibby

Hi Harters,

thanks for your reply. That’s a drag that you can’t get a replacement. I didn’t think the wiring behind the head units would be so different. 
Bar this forum, I’ve found it difficult enough to get definite info or others’ experience of replacements. 

K

Prius head unit, no issue as it's the old standard

2020 onwards has changed to a new standard, i would not swap a no name android unit into a car that has the JBL system as it will be a bit step backwards, I would sound deaden the front doors - pioneer and alpine both offer solutions but it's the wiring adapter that you can't get

2020 on-

361423542_audioconn.thumb.jpg.65a2b0614e35f7a1b3c6548b452dd84c.jpg

From what I understand it’s not so much the plugs behind the dash, but the fact there is a JBL amp under the front seat that all the wiring/speaker wires run to/from. 

I did manage to find a video of someone in the states swapping out their JBL unit in Toyota US market car (can’t remember the model) and he had to take half the dashboard out, front seats and carpet too to get access to everything. That is something I am not prepared to do. 

I was hoping to do a simple head unit swap that I have seen non JBL owners do, so I could get CarPlay, but alas it’s not to be!

1 hour ago, Harters said:

From what I understand it’s not so much the plugs behind the dash, but the fact there is a JBL amp under the front seat that all the wiring/speaker wires run to/from. 

I did manage to find a video of someone in the states swapping out their JBL unit in Toyota US market car (can’t remember the model) and he had to take half the dashboard out, front seats and carpet too to get access to everything. That is something I am not prepared to do. 

I was hoping to do a simple head unit swap that I have seen non JBL owners do, so I could get CarPlay, but alas it’s not to be!

Would this adapter be of use?
connect a standard ISO connector head unit to a JBL amp. 

https://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/stereo-fittings/toyota-iso-t-harness-adaptor---ct10ty01-582053.html

2 hours ago, Paul john said:

Would this adapter be of use?
connect a standard ISO connector head unit to a JBL amp. 

https://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/stereo-fittings/toyota-iso-t-harness-adaptor---ct10ty01-582053.html

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it only covers the Prius up to 2009 and there is no mention of the JBL.

51 minutes ago, Harters said:

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it only covers the Prius up to 2009 and there is no mention of the JBL.

Apologies. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WOWiViD-Hareness-Corọlla-4Ruṇner-Amplifier-Black/dp/B0BGNY44ZC/ref=sr_1_11?crid=98VW363GBR91&keywords=Toyota+jbl+audio+harness&qid=1674142499&sprefix=toyota+jbl+audio+harness%2Caps%2C67&sr=8-11

• Thanks 1

2016 with JBL will be the old style connectors (28 pin)

CTSTY00CAMP

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

2016 with JBL will be the old style connectors (28 pin)

CTSTY00CAMP

Yes 2016 is different to the later I think 2020 onwards, but I have photos of all the connections on the back, so I will give them a look over and drop them a line. 

It is the standard touch2 2014-20 all use the same pinouts (with minor variations)

Yaris touch2 circa 2017

_MG_1446.thumb.JPG.dd0352a46795d684df88538b4b59b273.JPG

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links