Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

[EU] Corolla '22, a few questions about the multimedia unit

ruskiturbo

Și, my car arrived in November and I love it so far but I can't seem to figure out a few things about the multimedia system.

First off, what's it called? I couldn't accurately find this anywhere. What I do know is that it's not the newest infotainment, I think it's called the Audio Multimedia or something like that.

Second of all, I don't understand how WiFi works. I have it in my submenu but there's only 2 options available: a toggle for WiFi power and some other option that I forgot about, but there's no "access to network" option. My unit doesn't have satnav however, so maybe it's linked to that?

And lastly, how do I check for updates? Since I can't seem to find if my car has WiFi or not, the only option that doesn't involve the dealer is to download updates myself and update the multimedia via a usb drive, but I don't know which site to download it from and the local Toyota site doesn't seem to offer a page for updates (Romania if you're wondering).

Thanks for any help and sorry for any formatting issues, I'm on mobile

• 4 weeks later...

It does not have a name, just generations - MM17 which can be updated to MM19 with AA/CP, and MM21 units.

That WiFi is useless. It is only for projecting a media via MiraCast technology. You can turn it off and forget about it. It is not meant for wireless AA/CP.

These units support USB updates. If you are "advanced user", you can get them from Toyota-Tech portal (or look for appropriate links on this forum). If you are not so confident - better leave this job for you dealer technicians. Just b*tch about some bad audio quality or bluetooth connection issues during your service visit and ask them to check for any updates for multimedia unit. Usual policy is that they won't do anything unless customer is complaining... This should be free of charge, as you should have manufacturer warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links