Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - Rear Windscreen, Rattle from plastic on door and MPG - Couple of questions

ClaireN

Hi all, i know you are all really helpful so wanted to ask you

1. my rear windscreen does not clear very well - the heater works well but it often stays misty - ill often leave the aircon on to see if that clears it but it doesnt seem to, and when it rains, i have a long line at the back at the top which i assume is from my spoiler. Does everyone else have this issue with the screen not clearing well or is it me? is it a fault?

2 When driving the plastic on the door next to me sometimes creaks... if i touch it or hold it, it stops, but thats not practical whilst driving!! its a shame as i expected no noises on a new car as i had them on my old car and it drove me mad!! is this something that can be fixed? 

3. My MPG is going down so quickly at the moment, id got it up to 72 but now its 68 and still lowering. is this just the weather....?

Would appreciate any replys you may have - thank you as always!!

1. I don't know. I assume you are not on not air-recirculate? 

2. I would get the dealer to resolve it.

3. I would assume the cold weather currently. 

1. no problem at all.

2. I heard something once, but no, no panel rattling.

3. 68 is bad? I think everything over 60mpg is ok in freezing temps.

Hi, 

1. Make sure your cc settings are correct, air flows towards windscreen and feet is better , air intake from outside, temperature set at least 20C°, speed fan minimum 2 if not in auto mode. AC as per your personal preference. 

2. Rattling plastics are typical for all cars and particularly low end, and many Toyota models that uses hard plastics, the question is how bad is indeed, if too bad might be something not fix properly, can check with dealer on your next service 

3. Mpg in cold weather can drop significantly, 10-15mpg loss it’s normal. Anything above 50+mpg it’s still a good result. 
👍

• Like 1

Hmm, interesting that even the new yarises have rattles - my 02 t sport has a fair few and its a never ending chase to identify and eliminate them.  Yours being newer, you may find that a spray of silicone spray may help where you hear a noise.  I do like the yellow lid wd-40 silicone spray. 

Worth asking toyota if they use a product called krytox - this is meant to be the absolute king of creak reduction sprays, not cheap mind you.  But worth asking. 

With the rear window, perhaps try wiping it totally dry, cleaning it thoroughly with a microfibre and then seeing how well it subsequently demists.  I'm wondering if the moisture present on the glass may be 'overwhelming' the heating element

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links