Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front struts

Toni Jonelle

My front struts have gone on my 2004 estima 2.4hybrid . Can anyone please suggest where to find some and do I have to take the whole front out to get to them? 

Possible part number (depending on version): 48510-29795

• Thanks 1

Wheels off, disconnect the drop link, and misc, 2 nuts and bolts that hold it to the knuckle, 3 nuts at the top in the engine bay, now the doggy bit compressing the springs to swap the springs over to the new shocks

shocks are handed according to the epc, choice of 2

Rh - 48510-80116 or 48510-80126

LH - 48520-29785 or 48520-29795

Oem is KYB - numbers obtained from KYB Asia

RH -334284

LH - 334285

Around £95 each

https://kyb-europe.com/catalogue/

• Thanks 1

Looks like its a bit of a job on your car in that the top mounts are not under the bonet, but the dashboard!  assume its the same on your particular model as this ytube ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsWQy-wnF-k

Before you start its worthwhile  getting a £10 gauge  and measure your Camber Angle so you can set it back up when you reassemble.

001677.thumb.jpg.bbc151eb2d7138875fd46f07dd16e29a.jpg

You need a good set of spring compressors, but do view ytube etc on how the remove the springs properly as they can be lethal !

You may also need a big strong vice and a selection of spanners the remove the struts top nut and ideally a torque wrench for reassembly of all parts

We has good service from this stockist who do list those codes Flash22 mentions, though worth checking they have them in stock or can get them quickly before ordering. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=rtgroup11&store_name=rtgautomotiveuk&_oac=1&_nkw=kyb 334284

edit, you can easily check the strut springs are good before starting any work, but as its such a difficult job on yours, might be worth fitting new Strut Top Plate Mounts as they may be well worn / the bearing failing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links