Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

GR and Hybrid visual differences

ISL

The dirty one, can you believe it is less than 3 weeks old but has suffered from the muddy lanes of Herefordshire. The GR has a coating on it, but also Pearlescent white rather than solid white.

C4812530-9E79-4879-AE5A-E6699D9F546E.thumb.jpeg.ca5e04969269efbe8f03ed73733b66bc.jpeg50CA801F-56DE-42F9-8199-B00E13880E0A.thumb.jpeg.2e5ab8d353ff5939e11eea1a2f1fe39b.jpeg

• Like 6

Interesting visual differences, they may as well have different model names with so little in common!

love them both however.

• Like 4

These two are very different cars with similar names and very similar appearance especially in white 👌👌

• Like 4

I do like the GR Yaris but Toyota really should have allowed convenience & circuit packs to be fitted on to the same vehicle. 

• Like 4

Specifications vary greatly for the GR depending on the market, the body Shell, doors, bonnet and bumpers are all different, being 4WD the floor pan and rear end are structurally different with a rear diff and IRS

• Like 5

Blimey, what coating does it have? I need that for my one!!!  :eek: 

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

I do like the GR Yaris but Toyota really should have allowed convenience & circuit packs to be fitted on to the same vehicle. 

Yeah, or have convenience as mid-spec and have the circuit top spec, with the trick diffs and everything convenience pack has!

As it is, if I was buying one I'd get the convenience and then have the diffs fitted afterwards... I suspect that would be more straightforward than retrofitting all the convenience pack stuff, esp. the HUD!

• Like 3

On 1/22/2023 at 2:12 PM, ISL said:

The dirty one, can you believe it is less than 3 weeks old but has suffered from the muddy lanes of Herefordshire. The GR has a coating on it, but also Pearlescent white rather than solid white.

C4812530-9E79-4879-AE5A-E6699D9F546E.thumb.jpeg.ca5e04969269efbe8f03ed73733b66bc.jpeg50CA801F-56DE-42F9-8199-B00E13880E0A.thumb.jpeg.2e5ab8d353ff5939e11eea1a2f1fe39b.jpeg

Like the look of the GR more but wanted an Auto and was surprised at how fast the normal Yaris gets of the line! but still gives great MPG, both great cars 👍

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Eddie G said:

Like the look of the GR more but wanted an Auto and was surprised at how fast the normal Yaris gets of the line! but still gives great MPG, both great cars 👍

A GR Yaris 8 speed torque convertor auto is still in development prototype / road testing stage at the moment.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Eddie G said:

I must admit I prefer the front of the hybrid Yaris; The squared-off face on the GR makes me think of the gopping fronts of the Lexus SUVs... :bag: The twin exhaust at the back does give the rear a more balanced look which my OCD likes :laugh: 

The hybrid does have excellent launch but I found it isn't even close to the GR - I tried to race one off the line before Xmas, and while I got away first (Gotta love that instant response :naughty: ) the GR left me for dead! :laugh:  The launch on that thing is unbelievable...! I used to want to try one on a track or something but now I'm thinking I would just make myself violently ill :laugh: 

22 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

A GR Yaris 8 speed torque convertor auto is still in development prototype / road testing stage at the moment.

I'm still not sure how I feel about that... seems sacrilegious somehow to me... :unsure:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

One of the first Yaris GR with totally destroyed engine was one that belongs to guys from Germany that does videos about sports car driven at Nürburgring. The driver selected 2 nd instead of a 4th gear before entering a turn. The  results were over reviving and broken engine. 
Automatic transmission would have prevented. 👍 

My favourite thing about this little rocket while stock is that it’s super quiet, just can’t stand the farts and loud exhaust of todays fast cars. There is no need for that at all. 

• Like 3

Ahh that would be the Apex guys 'eh? :wink:

Funnily enough most of their Ring rental cars are automatic for that exact reason - Apparently their GT86 and GR Yaris are both manuals and have the highest down time due to people breaking the gearbox or frying the clutch etc.

I can see them getting an autobox one if it comes out, just so they can rent that out and save money on new gearboxes! :laugh: 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, forkingabout said:

If this becomes available in the UK I'll be in the queue!, it'll replace the Corolla and GT86(although I am attached to the latter which may have to stay!)

• Like 2

Just had a machine polish and ceramic coating applied to the GR Sport... Looking very glossy now! 😬

IMG_20230128_225812.jpg

IMG_20230128_225714.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, cbren said:

Just had a machine polish and ceramic coating applied to the GR Sport... Looking very glossy now! 😬

IMG_20230128_225812.jpg

IMG_20230128_225714.jpg

If you park it next to a Range Rover you’ll get oil all over it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, cbren said:

IMG_20230128_225812.jpg

IMG_20230128_225714.jpg

Wow that looks superb, is it holding off the dirt well.

Thinking about giving mine a good wash and wax today, haven’t seen my new car clean yet, it was even delivered dirty.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ISL said:

Wow that looks superb, is it holding off the dirt well.

Thinking about giving mine a good wash and wax today, haven’t seen my new car clean yet, it was even delivered dirty.

Haha get it washed! Bit cold out though...

It's only had 1 trip out since being done, but it's doing it's job so far 😬

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cbren said:

IMG_20230128_225812.jpg

IMG_20230128_225714.jpg

This shiny car made me spend 3 hrs outdoor this afternoon but now my one looks good too 🧼🏎👌

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links