Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

aygo engine choking while accelerating when engine is wasm

dvizi

What is the MAP psi at 2500 rpm, and what does it read ignition on, engine off ?

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What is the MAP psi at 2500 rpm, and what does it read ignition on, engine off ?

14.5 psi ignition on, engine off

4.1 psi engine on  no press on acc pedal

3.6 psi @2500 rpm

Screenshot_2023-04-07-15-17-25-233_org.prowl.torque.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-07-15-17-42-318_org.prowl.torque.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-07-15-18-47-701_org.prowl.torque.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have an update, today my car completely stoppen on the road after 15 mins of driving, and refused tu start up after for 15 minutes. It would cranck normaly, but without engine ignition. Since it stopped close to mechanic shop, I drove it there after it started, but then turned off again while mechanic was doing diagnostic. There is no any kind of faults stored in ECU, no check engie light either. Few hours later mechanic determined that fuel pump looses power after engine warms up, when that happens engine doesnt get the fuel any more and it shuts down.  He suspects that either fuel pump relay or ECU loose connection when warmed up. I will post the update, hopefuly it will save some time to someone with similat problems. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you still have the problem after that is done try replacing the cam position sensor which seems to be the only thing you haven't changed.

"A failing camshaft position sensor begins losing its ability to quickly transfer data. Mismatched fuel delivery and ignition timing, even if off by a few milliseconds, will cause your vehicle to sputter, accelerate poorly, lack power, stall or even shut off."

More or less your symptoms.

• Like 1

Get him to check the ground points on the front right of the cam cover/head and give the wires the tug test

1606731535_B1gndkgb10.thumb.jpg.06ab379f7aefdccf5b2304ce7390534e.jpg

Pic courtesy of markie1881

B493BB21-81D0-493E-9DC0-242317C376AC.jpe

• Like 1

Just thinking about this if the above ground has an issue you will lose spark the ecu sees no signal from the coils but has a crank and cam signal, the ecu can engage the immobilizer in turn it will cut power to the fuel pump

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links