Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Estima KEY FOB not working

Sanfico

Hi all, I have a 2010 Toyota Estima on its way from Japan. Super excited, but my car is in Glasgow at the moment at the transporters court yard waiting because apparently they are unable to start the vehicle. They said they changed the Battery to the fob but it still isn't working. Does anyone know if the Estima can be started in any other way, or if there is a special way to start the car? or if the fob is broken what are my options. Some help would be greatly appreciated thank you. 

Is it a hybrid, petrol or diesel?

Yes, its a button start with smart key entry. I'm hoping the transporter guys tried the car Battery

If it's keyless ignition, place the fob on/near the button, clutch in or foot on the brake press the start button

If it's a keyed ignition put the key in the ignition turn it to the last position, clutch in or brake pressed and press the start button

Ok, I will try that. They said they will deliver it to me on Monday now so I guess I will try when it arrives. Thank you. 

Will only have one 12v Battery if standard 2.4.

How many fobs does it come with?

On 2/4/2023 at 9:38 PM, Paulscarbs said:

Will only have one 12v battery if standard 2.4.

How many fobs does it come with?

Just the one fob.

Car arrived today and it is beautiful although it doesn't start. Tried what "flash22" said putting the fob near the start/stop button but nothing. Lights inside car don't come on. I have feeling car Battery is dead? It has been in transit since July last year.

Seconded, Battery flat and after all that time without a charge knackered.  The discharge from the keyless system seems to be quite high althought I do have front and rear dashcams as well so phantom drain as they call it after 2 weeks.

Yes, tested the Battery and shows under 2 volts. Could it be salvaged by charging it? or is it best to replace the thing? If so any recommendations on a new Battery for the car. The original Battery as in the picture is a 48ah. Is it just a case of making sure it's the right size and same amperage?

IMG_3177.JPG

It's done for, looks like a calcium Battery, the good news it's not one of the expensive AGM batteries

NF75D23L (L means left hand negative)

it shouldn't be too hard to find a euro equivalent

I would look for a Bosch S4 or S5, Varta or Yuasa

After a bit of digging the correct Battery should be a 55D23L what is the same spec as the odd ball NF75

55D23L = UK 005L (Bosch S4 is around £75)

On 2/8/2023 at 12:21 PM, flash22 said:

It's done for, looks like a calcium battery, the good news it's not one of the expensive AGM batteries

NF75D23L (L means left hand negative)

it shouldn't be too hard to find a euro equivalent

I would look for a Bosch S4 or S5, Varta or Yuasa

After a bit of digging the correct battery should be a 55D23L what is the same spec as the odd ball NF75

55D23L = UK 005L (Bosch S4 is around £75)

Thanks for this info, great stuff. Been looking at the Bosch as you recommended. would this one do you think? https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-s4-car-battery-027-4-year-guarantee-444770277?gclid=CjwKCAiA85efBhBbEiwAD7oLQBDB5arWcO7ZD3YH4aHEUxaeOxBaMNG7zqRerrLTs0rxh5Yxih50TBoCq2cQAvD_BwE

18 hours ago, JohnGW said:

I fitted an E23 bigger capacity at 70AH

Has it been fine since installing? I don't have the hybrid just the regular 2.4 petrol. Would this be ok?

18 hours ago, JohnGW said:

I fitted an E23 bigger capacity at 70AH

E23 would equate to a 068, that ideal for the V6, technically being in the cabin it should be an AGM type especially if it's hybrid

20 minutes ago, flash22 said:

005L is a better fit

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-s4-car-battery-005-4-year-guarantee-444770057

note they have there pics mixed up

You have taken so much stress off me. Thank you so much. I was so confused which Battery to get. I charged the old one and it did charge fully, was able to get the electrics working but it didn't have enough power to start the car. Thanks for all your help.

A Battery will take a charge, but it looses its ability to hold current - what is effectively a dead Battery - once a Battery drops below 8v for any period of time it kills the acid, add in temperature variations Inc below freezing the water freezes

if in doubt, take the battery with you and compare it as they will not have a listing for it as it's an import - remember the Negative is on the left and be aware of the terminal size

I use a 005L on my V6 Estima MkII...got it from Tayna batteries on next day delivery.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:35 PM, RUToyota said:

I use a 005L on my V6 Estima MkII...got it from Tayna batteries on next day delivery.

E23 from the same, excellent service, used them many times.

@Flash22 non hybrid, under the bonnet Battery. better fit?

@sanfico, yes not missed beat even through the cold spells, I have front and rear dashcams so a bit more drain on parking mode.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links