Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My favourite yaris 1.8 sr

dankernow

Hi all. I've had my 1.8 sr for 4 years and I'm about to purchase another one! Going from a blue 3 door to a black 5 door for practical reasons. 

I've owned several toyotas and this is by far been my favourite. The engine suits my driving style, staying in 5th gear most of the time. Great looking car too, which most people know nothing about. 

I also think the build quality was better on the early 2000's toyotas.

I was ready to purchase a 2016 yaris, but engine wise I wouldn't have been happy. Hence the purchase of a cleaner 1.8.

So has anyone else had the same way of thinking! Older toyotas are worth preserving, saving! 

Will the older yaris t sport, 1.8 sr ever be a collectable, increase in value I wonder!!

Sorry for the confusing post, it made sense in my head.

• Like 4

Hello Dan, no not confusing, I get it.🙂

Yes I do know about the 1.8 sr, I was considering one myself a while ago, then got offered my 2003 tsport, which I had asked for first refusal 2 years previously.

I love driving it about with it's eager nature and handy size.

I hope to keep it for a while yet and preserve its good condition for me and ultimately next owner.

Dunno if they will become collectable, but I hope so, not from the point of view of cashing in, but from my belief that as you say, the superb build quality of these 2000s Toyotas deserves good care.

• Like 4

I quite agree with you! The t-sports are not that common and whilst not a 'hot' hatch they're really quite good fun and well made. Look after it and it will repay you in spades. Generally quite easy and cheap to maintain too, reliable and overall easy to get on with

• Like 4

Totally agree, some cars are worth preserving in my opinion. I love seeing old corolla's, starlets and camry's driving around.

Definitely think the yaris tsport will increase in value, because the other t sports which are in nice low mileage condition are.

I suppose it will all depend on the future availability of these cars. (Numbers left)

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, corradovr6 said:

I quite agree with you! The t-sports are not that common and whilst not a 'hot' hatch they're really quite good fun and well made. Look after it and it will repay you in spades. Generally quite easy and cheap to maintain too, reliable and overall easy to get on with

Hello Hasan, I think you were asking about the trip computer on the tsport on another thread, can't find it now, and was nearly asleep when I saw it.

I only found out relatively recently that all the readings,av mpg, range,av speed,all reset if you scroll onto them, and hold until beep.

Sorry though, I can't remember if that was what you wanted to know.

• Like 3

The T-Sports have had a bit of a revival lately, especially the Mk1s, as they were under the radar for a lot of people, but people started noticing them which has made them go up (The general increase in used car prices has also contributed to that!)

If I ever win the lottery I'd like to have a car collection that included a Mk1 T-Sport, a Mk2 SR1.8, a Mk3 GRMN and a Mk4 GR :laugh: 

• Like 4

Hello Cyker,is my  June 2003 a mk1?

I ask because I have noticed slightly different dash instruments on photos of other T sports on here.

Re lottery, I was talking to an old friend last week, and he was playing that game of if I win , what car would you like?

Which was very generous of him, but he did seem surprised when I said that I would keep my Yaris tsport.😉

His collection includes an old Talbot autosleeper,an old Suzuki jimney ,a Porsche Cayman, and several bikes, including a Ural sidecar outfit.

Lordy knows what he would buy if let loose with a lottery win.😂

• Like 5

Yours is a Mk1 T-Sport for sure, although not sure if it's a pre or post facelift one. Not sure about the dash, as I thought all the normal Mk1s had digital dashes and all the T-Sports had analogue dashes!

• Like 2

Ah it is indeed analogue dash Cyker, the difference that I mention is in the thickness of the markers and needles on the speedometer and rev counter,if I remember.

The earlier being the thicker, and mine being thinner.

So maybe a facelift Mk1 is the one that I have.

• Like 3

All those yaris models would be great. Would have to throw in a corolla compressor too

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dankernow said:

Totally agree, some cars are worth preserving in my opinion. I love seeing old corolla's, starlets and camry's driving around.

Definitely think the yaris tsport will increase in value, because the other t sports which are in nice low mileage condition are.

I suppose it will all depend on the future availability of these cars. (Numbers left)

Apparently there are only around 1000 t sports left (see link below), with roughly 160 SORNd.  So you're right it is getting rare!

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/toyota_yaris_t_sport_vvti

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Hello Hasan, I think you were asking about the trip computer on the tsport on another thread, can't find it now, and was nearly asleep when I saw it.

I only found out relatively recently that all the readings,av mpg, range,av speed,all reset if you scroll onto them, and hold until beep.

Sorry though, I can't remember if that was what you wanted to know.

Thanks Paul.  Yes you're quite right that resets them. As i've fitted an aftermarket head unit i dont get that beep anymore unfortunately. 

My issue was the display wasnt moving on from there so they're stuck at zero!  Anyway, disconnected the Battery for half an hour but not driven it since.  Might have reset it but i'll know once i get into the car again.  But thanks for responding nonetheless, hope you're keeping well. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, corradovr6 said:

Apparently there are only around 1000 t sports left (see link below), with roughly 160 SORNd.  So you're right it is getting rare!

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/toyota_yaris_t_sport_vvti

Same with the 1.8 sr, around a 1000 I think 🤔 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links