Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Update/replace iPod connector in RAV4 (2008 model)

mokins

Hi.

I have a 2008 RAV4 with a 58827 (86120-42220) head unit.  The car has bluetooth hands free for phone calls as well as a iPod connector for iPhones.

My question is, can I update/replace the wired iPod part to one that supports the new models of iPhones that will come with USB-C ports only (being released in a few months)?

I have looked at the iPod unit and its Model number is: PZ473-00261-01, Type: EUFEZAVCPDM-C.  I 'believe' it is connected into the CD Changer port because when my iPhone is connected, pressing the CD button twice changes the source to my iPhone.

I dont know if I just need an adaptor (I have looked but cannot find any) or a new unit so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Darren

You can change it for a Yatour type interface, these are not cheap tho

Not sure if you can get a 30 pin to USB adapter or if it will work with the Toyota interface

TBH it's time to upgrade but don't buy cheap no name Chinese tat headunit

44 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You can change it for a Yatour type interface, these are not cheap tho

Not sure if you can get a 30 pin to USB adapter or if it will work with the Toyota interface

TBH it's time to upgrade but don't buy cheap no name Chinese tat headunit

Hi.  

Are you please able to advise which model I might need?  (Sorry, this is well out side of my comfort zone!)

Many Thanks

It depends on your budget if you want a new radio and what features you want most, don't have CD players

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

It depends on your budget if you want a new radio and what features you want most, don't have CD players

Hi. 

I dont think I am in the market for a new head unit but if I can get wired or wireless audio streaming to my existing unit, that would be great.

I do have bluetooth to my phone for calls which make use of the steering wheel buttons but I dont know how that side of things works or where the unit is for that but this is a feature i do use a lot and cannot lose.

Many Thanks

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Wow, this is wonderful, thank you ever so much.

I will get shopping  🙂

Many Many Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links