Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bZ4X Software Bugs, Updates and OTA

bZ4X

On 3/7/2023 at 7:10 PM, bZ4X said:

How to see software versions:

Ok thanks for the instructions, successfully found our versions, seems to be same as yours, we have Motion AWD :

HU SW 1040

CA SW 1025

VP SW 1005

GD SW 2421

VD SW 1040

VE SW 1040

OD SW 1001

SM SW 1001

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:12 PM, bZ4X said:

After Update I saw this 3D 360 camera view

We are not seeing that, does your model have more cameras than our Motion AWD ?

9 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Ugur has a Premiere edition with the JBL multi media. Which multimedia system does your Motion have?

The same applies to RAV4 grades, and, I suspect, that this might explain who sees what ...

Edit: I just checked the specs - the 8-speaker JBL premium sound system is supplied on the Premiere Edition only ... 👍

Edit2: ... and there again the specs say that the Motion grade includes: 360º Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)

I give up ... 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Premiere is coming with 4 cameras and 360 degree view. I am no sure about Motion trim. But 3D 360 view  is something new for me. I quite like it! 

13 hours ago, philip42h said:

and there again the specs say that the Motion grade includes: 360º Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)

Yes, seems correct, can see it in the brochure, under the Specifications >>> Safety section.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:12 PM, bZ4X said:

I saw this 3D 360 camera view

As Philip says, 360º Panoramic View Monitor (PVM) seems to be included with Motion grade.

Maybe the 3D view is only shown in certain situations / positions of the vehicle ?

We can only see birds eye view and left/right sides

Has the cloud navigation stopped working for anyone else? When I try to use voice commands it just says network is busy and try again later. Manually inputting addresses just comes up blank. 

If anyone knows what's wrong I would appreciate if they chimed in.

Thanks 

Let's hope they sort wireless android auto out as well

4 hours ago, tonyj154 said:

Let's hope they sort wireless android auto out as well

Don't think so.

They will charge for it, even if it is available to activate. Lexus charges for wireless android auto. 

9 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

New MyT app for Europe:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toyota.oneapp.eu

Toyota is working! Sms verification is required for this app. 

Quote: the new TOYOTA MyT app, a set of connected and remote services designed to make life easier for owners of selected Yaris, Yaris Cross and Aygo X models equipped with the Toyota Smart Connect Multimedia system.

No mention of the bZ4X so it may or may not work for bZ4X owners ... 😉

15 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Quote: the new TOYOTA MyT app, a set of connected and remote services designed to make life easier for owners of selected Yaris, Yaris Cross and Aygo X models equipped with the Toyota Smart Connect Multimedia system.

No mention of the bZ4X so it may or may not work for bZ4X owners ... 😉

Yes, now I was trying to add my car. Have you tried QR code? I am currently away from my car so tried adding using VIN and gave me same error message. 

2 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Yes, now I was trying to add my car. Have you tried QR code? I am currently away from my car so tried adding using VIN and gave me same error message. 

It's just the wrong App for you and I ... you need to go back to the original one for the time being 😉

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 6:36 PM, philip42h said:

It's just the wrong App for you and I ... you need to go back to the original one for the time being 😉

Yes, you are right! I was so excited that bugs would be fixed wit a new app! But we will wait! 

image7.thumb.png.f905e74c4b6f967089605c1c561e4727.png

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! From Toyota Question and Answers:

Hi Raj, congratulations on your bZ4X.

At Toyota, we highly value any customer feedback and are paying our utmost attention to voice of the customer. Based on this and in the spirit of Kaizen, we will soon make a software update including several product enhancements available for the all-electric bZ4X.

The enhancements will be available via software update and include improvements of the DC-charging performance and the visualisation of the remaining range, current state of charge (SOC) and real-life energy consumption.

Currently, bZ4X has a range buffer providing customers a safety margin in case no charger can be immediately found when the meter-displayed range is 0 km. This to avoid that the vehicle immediately stops when remaining range reaches 0 km. Following customer feedback, we will decrease the range buffer by making a bigger part of the range (around 10 to 15km depending on conditions) visible for the driver and optimize the hidden safety buffer.

We hope this helps.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

Good news! From Toyota Question and Answers:

Hi Raj, congratulations on your bZ4X.

At Toyota, we highly value any customer feedback and are paying our utmost attention to voice of the customer. Based on this and in the spirit of Kaizen, we will soon make a software update including several product enhancements available for the all-electric bZ4X.

The enhancements will be available via software update and include improvements of the DC-charging performance and the visualisation of the remaining range, current state of charge (SOC) and real-life energy consumption.

Currently, bZ4X has a range buffer providing customers a safety margin in case no charger can be immediately found when the meter-displayed range is 0 km. This to avoid that the vehicle immediately stops when remaining range reaches 0 km. Following customer feedback, we will decrease the range buffer by making a bigger part of the range (around 10 to 15km depending on conditions) visible for the driver and optimize the hidden safety buffer.

We hope this helps.

Thanks for posting. Well, Toyota keep promising this major bZ4X software update so I'm beginning to believe it will happen soon. If it does what they claim, it should make improvements all round on usable range, charging speed and car display. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Niponyoshi said:

From Japan 

% in SOC added

30A6CDDD-28C6-47AD-952A-139D890070DF.jpeg

And I see a human in front of the car icon. This is new too! 

I hope they will improve lane assist too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And I also found this video. Watch after 4:43

Screenshot_20230423_111848_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7145f51e7bb2866878916c29177e17a.jpg

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Found a Japanese page for details

Thank you Ugur !!    This looks like really great news, cannot wait to have SOC shown o the dashboard.

Just a shame the car needs to go to the garage, surely an OTA update would be easier for all bZ4X owners ?

Do you think Toyota will have any surprises included in the update that they haven’t shared yet or will it be exactly as they announced it in February?

We've had a few occasions where Apple Maps and Waze have both just stopped working.  After selecting the destination and GO,  the navigation does not start.

And even when quite a few miles into the journey, the navigation still shows the car still being at the original start location !

Today this happened again, so tried switching to the built in Toyota navigation and it was working fine.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this issue ?

On 4/24/2023 at 10:34 AM, W id said:

Do you think Toyota will have any surprises included in the update that they haven’t shared yet or will it be exactly as they announced it in February?

Personally, I don't think so. Toyota is not a Tesla 😊. They are very conventional.

They would do cars simple and reliable with no surprise!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links