Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bZ4X Software Bugs, Updates and OTA

bZ4X

3 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Below range is with %100 charged for AWD Premier Edition after brand new battery replacement. 

Screenshot_20230718_153938_MyT.thumb.jpg.118cd979f012efb647b2e4514437becf.jpg

Yes, I have seen recently these levels of forecast range on my AWD.  However, I have just achieved 181.3 miles with just 8% (21 miles) left in the Battery.  There was hardly any a/c use, the driving was mixed and very gentle. Actual range 200 miles and not 217 or 244 and certainly not the  "up to 285 miles" claimed on Toyota's press release.  If the range were 244 I'd be a happy man as the car, apart from range, is very good.

Apologies for a stupid question - does the car have the May upgrade 

Average consumption 

Weekly:

Screenshot_20230718_212454_MyT.thumb.jpg.bd4da370a7d91673ebb715e7f32e8657.jpg

Yearly :

The peak one January was 49.6

Screenshot_20230718_212536_MyT.thumb.jpg.2fab9005cf928e12385424a6e945c6ec.jpg

1 minute ago, wivenhoe said:

Yes they installed the software update. 

2 hours ago, Graham100 said:

Yes, I have seen recently these levels of forecast range on my AWD.  However, I have just achieved 181.3 miles with just 8% (21 miles) left in the battery.  There was hardly any a/c use, the driving was mixed and very gentle. Actual range 200 miles and not 217 or 244 and certainly not the  "up to 285 miles" claimed on Toyota's press release.  If the range were 244 I'd be a happy man as the car, apart from range, is very good.

To get the Wltp quoted range you would need to be driving on 30 moh and 40mph roads with outside temp of approx 25c

On 7/18/2023 at 9:28 PM, bZ4X said:

Average consumption 

Weekly:

Screenshot_20230718_212454_MyT.thumb.jpg.bd4da370a7d91673ebb715e7f32e8657.jpg

Yearly :

The peak one January was 49.6

Screenshot_20230718_212536_MyT.thumb.jpg.2fab9005cf928e12385424a6e945c6ec.jpg

Ι dont understand your high consumption. I drive a FWD and my average so far after 4 months of usage is 24KW/100ml

51 minutes ago, leosayer said:

Ι dont understand your high consumption. I drive a FWD and my average so far after 4 months of usage is 24KW/100ml

AWD cars are not efficient as much as FWD models. + I never use eco mode drive and regen function. Maybe these are the reasons. 

With FWD Motion

Total average (since Oct) 29.1  (3.43 m/kw)

Peak (Dec) 36.1 (2.77 m/kw)

June/July  23.9  (4.18 m/kw)

June & July figures include a number of long road trips with 100% motor way

• Like 2

Also seeing excellent efficiency in the summer months with my FWD Motion. My original estimate for whole year efficiency was 4.2 ml/kWh (based on Toyota/WLTP) numbers - I didn't think it would make this after winter numbers but now looks as though it won't be far off this by end of October (1 year ownership for me).

After ~8000 miles

Total average Nov to July  24.8 kWh/100ml (4.03 ml/kWh)

Nov 22 - 26.6 kWh/100ml (3.8 ml/kWh) 833 ml

Dec 22 - 32.7 kWh/100ml (3.1 ml/kWh) 811 ml

Jan 23 - 30.3 kWh/100ml (3.3 ml/kWh) 638 ml

Feb 23 - 24.4 kWh/100ml (4.1 ml/kWh) 417 ml

Mar 23 - 25.1 kWh/100ml (3.8 ml/kWh) 445 ml

April 23 - 24.2 kWh/100ml (4.0 ml/kWh) 929 ml

May 23 - 20.8 kWh/100ml (4.8 ml/kWh) 818 ml

June 23 - 21.7 kWh/100ml (4.6 ml/kWh) 2181 ml

July 23 - 21.3 kWh/100ml (4.7 ml/kWh) 508 ml

Use ECO drive mode and ECO A/C most times. Regen (one pedal mode) - used only occasionally for city driving since I find it not much different from just being gentle on the brakes/accelerator. Regen mode works great on long down hills (for example in Swiss Alps this year) and you can easily regenerate tens of kWh. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Mine does.

Will we see any more updates of the car. If so when and what will be updated? Other electric cars like Volvo and Tesla get updates every second month or so. What do you think Toyotas plan is?

Toyota do say that the Safety Sense has the ability to be updated, so guessing they plan enhancements to this system.
When it comes to the car software itself, surely it would be down to fixes. To be honest working in IT I would question why a car would need such regular updates.
Tesla certainly love to add unnecessary 'gimmick's to their cars. Who on earth needs a disco mode?

I doubt Toyota will publish any roadmap for updates, anything else added maybe around the functionality with the mobile phone app and hopefully they will allow the remote park to be used in Europe. (The July specification document suggests that the Vision Trim may have a digital key option now, which wasn't mentioned before).  

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 9:01 PM, JonathanP said:

Toyota do say that the Safety Sense has the ability to be updated, so guessing they plan enhancements to this system.
When it comes to the car software itself, surely it would be down to fixes. To be honest working in IT I would question why a car would need such regular updates.
Tesla certainly love to add unnecessary 'gimmick's to their cars. Who on earth needs a disco mode?

I doubt Toyota will publish any roadmap for updates, anything else added maybe around the functionality with the mobile phone app and hopefully they will allow the remote park to be used in Europe. (The July specification document suggests that the Vision Trim may have a digital key  option now, which wasn't mentioned before).  

Digital key was something I was expecting to be released with an update. I saw some advertisements toyota was promoting this feature.

Remote parking is something we can see in the future production models maybe. I am not sure what the local regulation is for that. Just thinking loudly: maybe they will ask lidar sensors in the UK for this which we don't have. 

My RZ has the equipment for remote parking, perhaps the BZ does too. Lexus has said it’s not the approval of the system preventing it being used but Lexus Europe being concerned over liability. I first had it on a 2018 Merc so not sure about that. 
The only thing stopping it is Lexus Europe releasing the separate App. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2023 at 10:37 PM, lightboxcar said:

I have identified one of the triggers that was causing a profile sync error message.

In my case, if the car was running a scheduled remote climate function and I interrupted it by unlocking the car, I started receiving this message until I entered my password. I have informed Toyota UK's technical team about this, and I hope they can come up with a solution. It is evident that there are other triggers causing this problem, as I received this message in the middle of a long journey for no apparent reason. 

20230929_125503.thumb.jpg.2e41733bdf590fa16a95eeac6aba3647.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, bZ4X said:

I have identified one of the triggers that was causing a profile sync error message.

In my case, if the car was running a scheduled remote climate function and I interrupted it by unlocking the car, I started receiving this message until I entered my password. I have informed Toyota UK's technical team about this, and I hope they can come up with a solution. It is evident that there are other triggers causing this problem, as I received this message in the middle of a long journey for no apparent reason. 

Hi, I can confirm that I get the same whenever I use the remote climate function. In the 'old app' you could select remote climate for 10 / 15 mins etc... In the new app you either have to set a schedule or just switch on. If you just switch on you interrupt by entering the car & when you drive down the road it asked for your password again.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 2:38 PM, Andy BZ4x said:

Hi, I can confirm that I get the same whenever I use the remote climate function. In the 'old app' you could select remote climate for 10 / 15 mins etc... In the new app you either have to set a schedule or just switch on. If you just switch on you interrupt by entering the car & when you drive down the road it asked for your password again.

Thank you Andy. Have you reported this to Toyota? They created a ticket for me.

If we all report this bug. They might give importance and fix it (hopefully).

On 11/7/2023 at 2:49 PM, bZ4X said:

Thank you Andy. Have you reported this to Toyota? They created a ticket for me.

If we all report this bug. They might give importance and fix it (hopefully).

Will report it later today 🫡 

2 minutes ago, Andy BZ4x said:

Will report it later today 🫡 

Where do i report this, do you have a link?

On 10/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, bZ4X said:

I have received the same error message on the screen with my Corolla TS, the remote heating was interrupted when I entered the car and the “ Profile cannot be synced “ kept appearing on screen every few minutes or so. It’s very distracting whilst driving, it may be yet another bug in the MyToyota app ( of which there seem to be many! ) If you can advise who to raise this with it woke most helpful. TIA

On 11/8/2023 at 8:14 AM, Andy BZ4x said:

Where do i report this, do you have a link?

I called Toyota Customer service Andy. 

On 11/8/2023 at 8:25 AM, Basil-BarryC said:

I have received the same error message on the screen with my Corolla TS, the remote heating was interrupted when I entered the car and the “ Profile cannot be synced “ kept appearing on screen every few minutes or so. It’s very distracting whilst driving, it may be yet another bug in the MyToyota app ( of which there seem to be many! ) If you can advise who to raise this with it woke most helpful. TIA

Do you have the latest Toyota's infotainment system?

I had exactly the same problem in my Lexus RZ (the Lexus app is just a rebadged My Toyota). Saw the tip on here and now I turn off the preconditioning before unlocking - no repeat of the problem at all with having to log in to renew the profile. 

4 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

I had exactly the same problem in my Lexus RZ (the Lexus app is just a rebadged My Toyota). Saw the tip on here and now I turn off the preconditioning before unlocking - no repeat of the problem at all with having to log in to renew the profile. 

We are all impacted by the same technical issue. Nevertheless, Toyota has displayed a concerning delay in recognizing and promptly addressing these issues. I trust that they will take into account their reputation for durability in both hardware and software and adopt a more agile approach in the future to provide timely solutions. I initially reported this problem at the outset of 2023!!! 

• 3 months later...

MyToyota received an update with advanced features! 🤩🚗

Has anyone tried it yet?

Screenshot_20240220_141822_MyToyota.thumb.jpg.4d26d4197eff8e35f564af6cbe5b8b90.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links