Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris offer

Tourer2

Hi

Had my yaris cross two months, dealer has offered to order a new one.

To arrive in six months so will have new 23 reg,charging the same monthly pcp cost with nothing more to pay

is this normal ?

• Like 1

Sometimes

Same APR and period??

If they can take yours back and let you have a new one for same money, they probably did very well out of you with the first one - did you pay full list price? 

• Like 1

Did get a discount with extras all to be reincluded.

APR higher but have been given high contribution to match prev APR

Suggest you have a look on the drivethedeal website for price. Then see whether your current dealer is offering a good deal. 

• Like 2

It's because they can sell your old one for stupid money - The amount they can sell new cars for is dictated by Toyota, but they can sell used ones for as much as an idiot will pay for it :laugh: 

Because of the shortage of cars has pushed used prices to the same (or more!) than new, they are encouraging people to buy new cars then sell it back to them after a year or so for another new one.

A lot of people on here have had similar offers from their original dealer not too long after buying the car!

I have too, although due to the downgrade of spec in the new Mk4s they have nothing I want (The removal of the HUD option in the new ones is a deal breaker for me. It seems rare as the salesman I talked to wasn't even aware the Mk4 had a HUD option! :wacko:)

• Like 3

How do the final values of the two PCP deals compare, can you buy the car at the end of the term for the same cost?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Suggest you have a look on the drivethedeal website for price. Then see whether your current dealer is offering a good deal. 

DTD are offering just over £4000 off the basic model up to just under £5000 (includes any PCP deposit contribution)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJones said:

How do the final values of the two PCP deals compare, can you buy the car at the end of the term for the same cost?

You’ve hit the nail on the head Andy.  There’s no such thing as a free lunch and if the payments are the same then the deposit or the GFV has changed.  They don’t give cars away.

• Like 2

Does it reset your payment terms? e.g. 4 year deal; you've paid 1 year. They take your current car, and you're back to needing to pay for 4 years?

They are seriously profiting on new cars. My wife was offered current new price for her one-year-old Cross if she traded it in. Absolute insanity! We debated getting a Rav4 but decided it was too much car for our needs. Heck of a time to change though; due to the discount we got on it, we'd actually make a few grand on the deal. Unreal!

• Like 1

I had that sort of deal, 2 1/2 year old Corolla exchanged for new Yaris Cross, same monthly outlay.  Yes, it resets the PCP period. 

I was happy with the deal and my PX value was as expected. 

The catch was the dealer then put my Corolla on his forecourt with a 25% markup. 

Next time I shall take the same deal if offered but try selling my car myself.  As I know his markup was 25% it will allow me wriggle room. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links