Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Easy OEM upgrades for my 2009 IQ

Comfy

After owning my IQ for over 10 years now, and, in turn putting it in for servicing, MOT's etc etc as and when it needed it. I recently had a clutch hydraulic issue (documented on here) - which after the local garage wanting just over 1k to fix (read the thread) - i ended up doing it myself and purely down to timing my mother-in-law who lives over the road wrote her Getz off....she couldnt be bothered to look around for a car so i suggested an IQ as ours (up to this point) has been brilliant and still is. She bought an immaculate IQ2 with only 8k on the clock and i had the opportunity to drive it a couple of times while ours was off the road, so, me doing some extreme maintenance on mine and driving her immaculate, much better equipped IQ2 has led me to ask this question.....

Are there any add on oem toyota upgrades that i can do to my basic iq to get some of the IQ2 (or even iq3) features....initially im looking at getting rid of the CD player and upgrading to the double-din stereo unit....

Any more upgrades that i can do will be greatly appreciated.

Primarily im a biker and have spent 30 odd years upgrading the bikes that ive owned (and own) with various things like brakes, exhausts, suspension etc etc - so improving my little iq will be very satisfying if i can do that..

• Like 2

No....are those the ones that go down on the black grille? or on the rear? and assuming that is the wiring in place internally?

I was thinking of the front ones as an addition. As to the wiring, sorry, I don't know, as I have an IQ2...

Auto folding mirrors, heated seats, leather interior, Cygnet bonnet and vents, rear spoiler, parking sensors, rear Cam

Fog lights - they may be prewired, but it is a simple enough circuit - yes the fog's go in the lower grille

inserts

81481-74010

81482-74010

• Like 1

Mines the old one so it does have the fittings in the grille for fog lights...although someone on here did add additional full beam lights behind the grille....

So for that first lot of things....does the loom have all the wiring in there ready for those additional items?

Old one ? They are all the same. You unbolt the lower trim, add the fog and clip the trim in

LHD destructions

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{09F7A848-FD3E-8DF7-C7CF-7CAAE41FFD3E}/IQ_08_Fog_lamp_prewired_PZ457-I0510-00_AIM_001793-0.pdf

plug wise it's a matter of looking

TRD also did parts for the IQ

If you want bigger fogs find a Modelista front bumper

Yep = i definately dont have those on each end....the grille carries on all the way to the end (no holes for spotlights...!)

Not in front if it right now (at the office) but i will later...

• Like 1

The lower grille is in 3 parts, you just swap the end trims that is on all years 11/08-2014 unless it's a JDM car what has

uk spec

without fogs

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202302204446076

With fogs

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202302234551374

Late IQ with fogs and chrome grille

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202303024822466

jdm

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/detail/Body-Parts/Bumpers-Front/PA38242971/

some JDM models (G100 and G130)

1788269324_IQJDMfrontbumper.thumb.jpg.3a92dbfc4bdeb9f7f18a49e9cb6e05b3.jpg

• Like 1

Yes - thats right - looking closer the ends look like they come out....so assuming the is the exsiting wiring aleady in there?

• 1 month later...

Ok - todays suite of upgrades has been completed....

1. Focal Speakers and tweeters fitted.

2. Sound-deadening fitted to the doors (along the bottom) a few random places in the drivers side of the dash and behin the rear lights.

3. Removed cig lighter and replaced with dual USB unit with voltage display.

4. Slight bit of adjustment to the clutch....right at the top it was a tad too firm like it was under pressure so backed that off a bit so theres a few mm of play at the top.

• Like 1

Usb cig lighter replacement.

20230507_161246.jpg

20230507_161239.jpg

• Like 2

And yes it needs a !Removed! good clean....next week...

Hi Andy,Ive have the same usb charger for months ,did you manage to pull the origional cig lighter out in situ,?Ive looked at the manual but cant get to grips with how to get the clips out,any info would be very greatfull

14 hours ago, Comfy said:

Ok - todays suite of upgrades has been completed....

1. Focal Speakers and tweeters fitted.

2. Sound-deadening fitted to the doors (along the bottom) a few random places in the drivers side of the dash and behin the rear lights.

Have you changed your 'setting' at all; base, treble. fade etc?

I turned up the base and the treble and faded 'forward' a bit more.

60/40 or 70/30 fade to the front, Bass on 1 or 2, treble 2-3

• Thanks 1

Ah I was going to ask that!...totally for got how to adjust it!

Found the adjustment - maxed out the base and treble....way better - coupled with the soundproofing....brilliant...im hoping ill get better again with the new head unit when i get that...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2023 at 9:27 PM, Jikky said:

Hi Andy,Ive have the same usb charger for months ,did you manage to pull the origional cig lighter out in situ,?Ive looked at the manual but cant get to grips with how to get the clips out,any info would be very greatfull

Hi there....sorry a while since ive been on....yep it came out...i had to take the whole surround out....the replacement one was a tiny bit larger so i had to carve out a couple of mm to get the new one in (used a stanley knife) but other than that fine...i made some small patch cables so i didnt cut off the oem ones on the loom...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links