Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse light and fog light not working.

jasondg

Hi. Help please.

I have a 2015 yaris hybrid. The reverse light and rear fog light both not working .( these are lower then rear cluster at bottom of bumper)

bulbs are OK but can't find the location online of relevant fuse , assuming they are one and the same? 

Any advice greatly appreciated.

How have you tested the bulbs ? Have you checked power and grounds, both system require the car to be in ready mode and the lights on for the rear fog

do you get the tell-tale lights on the dash for the fogs

that looks about right, if the gauge fuse blew the other system will also be affected

Thanks guys. Hoping it is the fuses, but the sizes il have to get tomorrow as live in the wilds of Scotland so a few miles to nearest town. Just checked the fuses on the link and makes sense. I also noticed I've lost rear seat belt alert too, but everything else on fuse 8 still works? 

Sorry not technical minded at all and seems a ton more complex then my 99 corolla .

The fuses are low profile mini (wrongly called micro by some sellers)

1909302894_2560px-Electrical_fuses_blade_type.thumb.png.de97b1d8d3ff645cb2b608582b89de52.png

Thanks flash22 that's a great help .fingers crossed it will sort the problem 

Just an update...replaced fuses no difference...so looks like a garage job. Hopefully nothing major but will see

Hi Jason,

Just my fourpenny worth on this:-

Have you checked to see if there's an earth connection on each of the bulb holders? Strange that both aren't working and they are served by different fuses which are ok, so they may share a common earthing point,  possibley with your seat belt alert system also. I have no access to a wiring diagram so taking a bit of a stab in the dark with this suggestion.

Check tail No.2 fuse only thing i can find in common is connector MK1

1910845748_xp130MK1.thumb.jpg.659413a487e6436dacaf6559d85d0584.jpg

Rodent damage ?

• 9 months later...

Did you get the problem fixed with the rear fog and reverse light? If you could tell me what it was as I have the same issue 

they are 2 separate circuits check the fuses, bulbs, holders, and the connector under the car as pictured above, more than likely 2 bad bulbs

Hi. No I never sorted the problem . I put it in for an early mot and it came back working with nothing listed on the onvoice. So whatever it was must have been minor.  All i know is the fuses and bulbs were all ok . Only thing he charged me for was the lights needed reattaching inside  the wingmirrors , so not sure if that was connected somehow?

Hope you find the solution 

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2024 at 4:45 PM, Sam2023 said:

Did you get the problem fixed with the rear fog and reverse light? If you could tell me what it was as I have the same issue 

Did you find the issue ? I have the same problem. 

The vehicle did come back from dealership with rear light gasket changed and seat belt latch changed . 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links