Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corolla Paintwork Damage

nickyaddis

I went to pick up my Corolla T Spirit on Saturday but found that the paintwork on both bumpers has a mottled effect on each of the corners. Has anyone else had this? The dealer said it was because they come covered in plastic that when peeled off the glue must have taken off some of the paintwork, he says he has seen it happen before. Not sure why is wasn't spotted by them before I collected it! Anyway I am having both bumpers replaced and hope next Saturday everything will be OK.

I have had company cars for the past 10 years so this will be the first car that I own. Does anyone have any advice on looking after it i.e. I have been told supermarket petrol is not as good as from a branded station and that some friends will not use car washes because they think it damages the paintwork. Anyone got any views?

I would never use a car wash. jet washes are ok but theres nothing like cleaning it by hand it comes up much better.

kaz

Agree with Kaz, I get discount at the valet downstairs so get the full treatment once a month (god I'm lazy) and then just rinse her down as and when she needs it during the month....

As for petrol, I swear by Optimax, engine feels soo much better, I know there are arguments whether it is the case so I guess the only way to try it for yourself is to run a couple of tanks of super market gunk and try some varied driving and then do the same for Optimax, I never put anything else in....

Apart from that wear her in nice and gently, don't try push her to hard until the engine is bedded in and stick to the service intervals.

Another point is how long will you be keeping the car, if it is a long term thing, be nice and gentle with her so she lasts, if your getting rid of her in three years don't worry toomuch about bedding her in and have some fun :D :D :D

I agree with rhaines on Shell optimax.I used to work on oil tankers and most of the petrol companies including supermarkets used to get their fuel at the refinary and head straight to the forecourt,same fuel just sold under different brand names.With Shell you know what you are getting.

As for washing the car in a car wash please don't after a while it will cover the car in lots of fine scratches,much better to do it at home.

heres a tip if your car is a dark colour especialy black then after a time you will notice circular scratches in sunlight, polishing marks.

try and get some finishing glaze. you should be able to get this from any car paint supplier. its used to get rid of compounding marks on resprayed panels.

ive found it helps keep that crystal sparkle you get on new paintwork. you only need to do it once or twice a year but you will be impressed :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links