Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Than to withdraw from providing car insurance.

FROSTYBALLS

RSA through their More Than subsidiary to withdraw from providing car insurance as they 'lack sufficient scale' in this sector. In other words they're losing money.

They will 'introduce' customers to Swinton - presumably this relates to existing customers.

• Like 1

Hi.

If anyone ever needs any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• 6 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 8:27 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

If anyone ever needs any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Hello Dan,

I need help with insurance for Toyota Estima Hybrid 7 seater. 

Thanks. 

Joseph 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 8:27 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan.  I am 88 years old - have been driving for 70 years with one fault claim. This was in 2011 and was a caravan - to-caravan scrape on a ridiculously congested M-way services.

I have just looked on line at the comparison sites - the cheapest quote was £1997 for my 2021 Toyota CH-R.

My house and contents have been with Adrian Flux since 2013, and I have always been happy with them.  However, when it comes to car insurance, Adrian Flux are among the worst for giving a high quote - at my age anyhow.  I feel discriminated against, simply because insurers are too lazy to operate a more critical assessment of a driver’s record over a more sensible period of time.  For example, a 45-year-old driver with 25 years on the road could have an appalling record and, providing he was clear for over the last 5 years, get a much better deal than I.  Is it any wonder that I have a very poor opinion of car insurers?

Roy, I am talking about insurers.  I have had direct problems of excessive premiums with LV, Admiral, Adrian Flux and possibly others that I cannot remember.  Is it easy to distinguish brokers from insurers?  When an insurer offsets their risks by using another insurer, don’t they themselves become brokers?  It seems to me that the whole industry is a mess, and insurers work on the basis that they charge as much as they can get away with as possible.  Where their decisions can have a direct affect on peoples lives (e.g., unreasonably making it impossible for someone to afford insurance), surely the time has come for government regulation to prevent this?  Maybe I am taking a symplistic view, but somehow it seems wrong to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

Where their decisions can have a direct affect on peoples lives (e.g., unreasonably making it impossible for someone to afford insurance), surely the time has come for government regulation to prevent this?

The insurance industry is regulated by two bodies: 1) the Prudential Regulation Authority - part of the Bank of England - responsible for the regulation and safety of insurers and protection of policyholders, and 2) the Financial Conduct Authority responsible for the conduct, supervision and behaviour of insurers, and the integrity of the UK's financial markets.

Thanks for the info, Mike, but I think the “protection of policyholders” is taking the old proverbial. You only need to read the T&C of insurance companies to see whose really protected.

On 11/14/2023 at 6:19 PM, Haliotis said:

Hi Dan.  I am 88 years old - have been driving for 70 years with one fault claim. This was in 2011 and was a caravan - to-caravan scrape on a ridiculously congested M-way services.

I have just looked on line at the comparison sites - the cheapest quote was £1997 for my 2021 Toyota CH-R.

My house and contents have been with Adrian Flux since 2013, and I have always been happy with them.  However, when it comes to car insurance, Adrian Flux are among the worst for giving a high quote - at my age anyhow.  I feel discriminated against, simply because insurers are too lazy to operate a more critical assessment of a driver’s record over a more sensible period of time.  For example, a 45-year-old driver with 25 years on the road could have an appalling record and, providing he was clear for over the last 5 years, get a much better deal than I.  Is it any wonder that I have a very poor opinion of car insurers?

Hi.

I'm really sorry that we were unable to offer you a competitive insurance quotation. I hope you manage to find an acceptable one.

Regards,

Dan. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links