Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Registration NYS

Calem

Hello, I have a question for any NYS residents involving a 1992 Hiace i am looking at purchasing. Does anyone know if these vans are able to be registered in nys. My understanding is that kei-class vehicles are ineligible and i cannot find any information regarding whether or not the hiace falls under the category of a KEI 

Toyota Owners Club is UK based with the majority of members in the UK - so we are unlikely to have many members living in NYS. 

Kei class vehicles are limited in terms of size (length under 3.4 metres, width under 1.48 metres) engine size (max 660cc) and power (max 64ps). 

The Hiace is outside these restrictions.

Kei cars are 660cc and under, the Hiace is NOT a Kei car - check with your local DMV on what you need to do to make in legal in NY state under the 25 year rule

Knowing it's in the rust belt get it undercoated with Fluid film or Crown asap otherwise it will dissolve into a pile on your drive

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links