Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Continental Trip

Roy124

Just starting on a Continental trip.  New Yaris, new phone, new phone provider, new rules. 

At 5am my provider welcomed me to Netherlands.  Up for breakfast at 7, but no data.  Kept trying but when we left the ferry the Google map display on Android Auto stayed resolutely off.  Only at our destination did I have time to investigate and find data roaming was off. 😒

Well the car is not quite new, but still learning.  Having boarded the ferry we locked up but didn't hear the car protest.  Fortunately I had to go for something and realised the side lights were on. That would have been embarrassing this morning.  Anyway, without Android and Google, we had to fall back on the Smart Connect maps.  First typing in the long Dutch address, then trying to see the map in bright sunshine and dark glasses.  We relied on the screen caption 'A2 25km' as we could not see the map. 

New rules just meant passport control for everyone, Dutch included, but quite slick. 

Once on the road we were on 2, 3, or 4 lane roads for 2 hours to our destination.  Lots of traffic but top speeds allowed was 100kph with 80kph in places.  It led to steady cruising around 55mph for most of the trip and quite relaxing. 

Too Tip, make sure your phone has data roaming. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links