Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TPMS ?Issue

Penfold72

My 2022 C-HR has displayed the tyre pressure warning light today. non of the tyres look particularly down, but will have to wait until they are cold to check properly.  Oddly though the system will not let me reset, and I noticed that the light flashed for a bit before staying on, which according to the manual could indicate a fault with the system. Anyone any ideas what it could be if a fault? or is it a dealer visit to check things out?

Thanks

Did you hold the set button for 5 seconds until it flashes and then goes out?

If it won’t reset with the button you need to go on a motorway for 50+ mph for 10mins to recalibrate the system. Had to do it a couple of times in the wife’s Yaris. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Penfold72 said:

My 2022 C-HR has displayed the tyre pressure warning light today. non of the tyres look particularly down, but will have to wait until they are cold to check properly.  Oddly though the system will not let me reset, and I noticed that the light flashed for a bit before staying on, which according to the manual could indicate a fault with the system. Anyone any ideas what it could be if a fault? or is it a dealer visit to check things out?

Thanks

From what you have said so far it does sound as though a dealer visit might be advisable ...

The TPWS Reset option simply instructs the TPWS system to learn a new set of correct tyre pressures - so it is absolutely essential that you carefully set all tyres to the correct pressure before attempting a Reset. This might be the next thing to do?

I assume that the Setup and Set functions are accessed via Vehicle Settings and the steering wheel controls? (They are on my wife's 2021 C-HR) The OM states that the light will blink three times - I think that you reported this - but it may take a couple of minutes before the system registers the new values from all four tyres and the TPMS light goes out.

We have noted a number of instances where the initial TPWS settings were rather high - resulting in TPMS warnings when the pressure in the tyres was absolutely fine. That was the case with mine and may be the case with yours. Carefully pumping the tyres to the correct pressure and re- Setting the TPWS system will resolve this 'anomaly'.

Thanks for the replies. It's been chucking it down where I live, so not checked pressures yet, but the tyre was still inflated fine this morning. When I tried a reset, kept button down but nothing flashed. Once it stops raining I will check pressures and try another reset, if nothing, then will ring dealer. 

Read in the full manual, if light flashes for a minute, then settles, its likely a fault with the system. 

Only has car a couple of weeks😢

Finally stopped raining....

All 4 tyres at correct pressures, but TPMS refuses to reset. Ive held the button for 10 seconds, so I am assuming this is a sensor issue...

Ill ring dealer tomorrow.....

Set to 28psi, reset ( if you can ), then inflate to 33psi all round.

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

Set to 28psi, reset ( if you can ), then inflate to 33psi all round.

That's the issue, it won't reset. I'll give it a try and post back

Didnt work 😞

Drove to work today, still on.  Called Dealer and they are going to take a look. I suspect a faulty sensor

I had the same problem, dealer said it needed a reboot. Working fine now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Penfold72 said:

How do you reboot the TPMS??

See my post above. Worked on my wife’s 2015 Yaris with same issue. 

36 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

See my post above. Worked on my wife’s 2015 Yaris with same issue. 

Been on M6 and M55 yesterday and today, still nothing. I'll post back with what the dealer's say 

18 hours ago, Penfold72 said:

How do you reboot the TPMS??

I suspected a faulty sensor, as there was evidence of tyre sealer being used on front wheel. Mechanic 🙄 said one was not showing on the tester. Rebooted the system and it was ok  

Been to dealer, checked out and there are 2 faulty sensors. What are the odds on a 1 year old car...... 

Anyhow they only had 1 in stock, so going back when they've ordered up another.  Hopefully that will be the end of the issue 🤞

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links