Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.4 d4d T spirit wanted

dervdave

"Mint" low miles, full service history, 5 door in either black or grey out there for sale ?
Ideally a one owner, ftsh, garaged it's whole life

My 04 100k Yaris is fantastic but usual chassis rust and needs both front jacking points welding and a small hole in the rear off side sill.

Wow good luck with that! Mk1 D4Ds were rare enough to begin with, but to find a mint one at this point you're going to have to check the adverts a lot and/or get super lucky for a unicorn like that to appear on the market!!

• Like 1

Depends if a Mk1 is wanted or a Mk2, as the Mk1 would be pretty hard to find with low mileage and in T spirit plus being black or grey.

I did find a couple of Mk2 models though, both T spirit and low mileage, and in grey.

2009 Grey Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4D T Spirit Hatchback 5dr Diesel Manual Euro 4 (90 ps) for sale for £5,995 in HORNCHURCH, HAVERING (autotrader.co.uk)

2007 Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4D T Spirit 5dr Diesel Manual 5 Door HATCHBACK Diesel M | eBay

• Like 2

Thanks Steve,  I've already been in contact with the seller of the 09 Yaris but I feel something is not quite right so with it being too far away to view I've had to give it a miss.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

Wow good luck with that! Mk1 D4Ds were rare enough to begin with, but to find a mint one at this point you're going to have to check the adverts a lot and/or get super lucky for a unicorn like that to appear on the market!!

Your right there but you never know 😎

My Yaris suits me great but the chassis rust problem is a bugger, I wonder if it would be worth spending £££s to get it sorted or just flogging a dead horse ?

Yeah it's a tricky one as it's a damned good car; My brother scrapped his one as the front and rear subframes were so rusty it would have cost more than the car's worth to fix it.

But if it's worth it to you, than that's a different matter, especially if you know people who can do the work at more reasonable rates and are able to find the parts!

My old one is still probably floating around somewhere - It was in very good condition as it was a work horse and I was using it near every day, so the engine was clean and still very strong. It was starting to get rusty at the back but nothing structural like my brother's one. It flew through every MOT with no advisories except stupid ones (e.g. wipers smearing, not even the common anti-roll bar bush warnings because I replaced them with poly-bushes!). I only traded it in, unwillingly, because of KHAAAAAAN!, lying snake that he is, and his stupid cashgrab ULEZ. (Which he is now extending to all of London despite categorically saying that he wouldn't, when people raised that as a point of opposition to the original expansion!)

It had just clicked over 100,000 miles when I lost it so might be be a bit too high mileage for you tho' :laugh: 

• Like 1

What is your budget, and what do you class as low mileage ? 58 on you maybe looking at a DPF car

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It had just clicked over 100,000 miles when I lost it so might be be a bit too high mileage for you tho' :laugh: 

Same mileage as mine 101k 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What is your budget, and what do you class as low mileage ? 58 on you maybe looking at a DPF car

Preferably pre dpf

• Like 1

Yeah that's what put me off the later Mk2's - They get DPFs and dual-mass flywheels, which destroy the reliability and increase the running costs (The flywheel becomes a 'wear part' and to add insult to injury it costs 3x more than a normal solid flywheel!!)

• Like 1

Flash22 gave a link to a Mk2 with multi mode - If its a Mk2, I would steer clear of the multi mode semi auto transmissions - they have a pretty poor reliability record. Manual is the better option.

• Like 2

My mistake, I posted the wrong link - the MMT is junk, but It's still better than most semi autos

• Like 1

I have been  trawling daily through all the online selling places II could find  for months because if a good genuine 1 comes up it gets sold very very quick, so I aint the only one looking 😀

• Like 1

Yeah, the people that have them often know what they have and tend to hold onto them; I would still be running mine if it wasn't for KHAAAAN!

There aren't many left even on this forum; At this point there are more Mk1 T-Sport owners on here than Mk1 D4Ds - @Madasafish is one of the few I know of!

Finding a Mk2 will definitely be easier as they came out when the government was telling everyone to buy diesel cars so there'll be more of them...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the chance of a 1 original owner 2002 30k (18k in first 3 yrs) Yaris GLS, 1.4 d4d garaged and mot'ed every year £2500.

Undecided buy this or keep my rusty but loved 04 d4d and pay for the welding etc as necessary.

Grateful  for any thoughts advice or comments 

• Like 1

We have a Mark 1 D4D with genuine 64k miles. Garaged since we bought it in 2005. Front bumper cracked - insurance write off. Slight damage to drivers side front wing -.

Has passed two MOTs since, Hardly driven  since.

Fully serviced every year and Waxoil/Dinitrol underneath. Original exhaust if good condition.

T Spirit , working aircon and rear parking sensors, sunroof, everything works, Silver. Alloy Wheels tatty.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Madasafish said:

We have a Mark 1 D4D with genuine 64k miles. 

Thanks but I'm going to wait for the one I mentioned in my post

• Like 1

I don't think he was offering it to you; You'd need a very big crowbar to pry it away from him!! :laugh: 

I think @madasafish is one of the original Mk1 D4D crowd on here since before I joined the forum and he's really kept that thing going!!

I was telling him the Mk4 is a worthy successor but I don't think he believes me... :laugh: 

• Like 1

Yes I wasn't sure because I know of his feelings for the Yaris

• Haha 1

I would sell it if the price was right..It's my wife's and old age and eyesight are restricting her driving.

• Like 1

Aww that's a shame... wait, what are you driving then??

2012 Honda Jazz auto

Eeek! The Dark Side!!! :eek: :laugh: 

Although to be fair if it wasn't for the Mk4's HUD and chassis improvements, I might have a hybrid Jazz right now! The interior, esp. the trick rear seats, are so much better than the Mk4 Yaris...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links