Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Rear Seat Warning

glencrannog

Picked up new 23 plate Yaris Cross yesterday. Moving over from a manual, obviously a few new tricks to learn. Only thing is when I switch off the engine it puts up "check rear seat" warning. Not affecting running of the car. Doesn't come on when running. Checked the help section, but with over 132000 replies, does anyone have the simple answer to what I should be looking for?

This was discussed but I am not sure in which forum, I seem to remember it being something to do with putting something on the back seat, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

My nice new Rav does this as well, nothing on the seat however...possibly just a polite warning to make sure you didn't leave anything in the back?  There are some tragic stories from the States about parents who left their children in the back on hot days.   My last car did beep if I put anything on any seat and the seatbelt wasn't fastened. 

It monitors the rear doors and reminds that you may have forgotten a thing/pet/child. If you don't open the rear doors you don't get the warning. Page 137.

It can be disabled if it annoys. Page 507.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. In my ignorance I thought it may have been the locks for lowering the back seats, but they were secure.

11 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

It monitors the rear doors and reminds that you may have forgotten a thing/pet/child. If you don't open the rear doors you don't get the warning. Page 137.

It can be disabled if it annoys. Page 507.

Thanks. Not really annoying, just puzzling.

Exactly as @IT Troll says. It can be disabled through the settings option on the dash display. It's there to remind you to make sure you haven;'t left any children/pets in the car.  

Like any regular warning you soon learn to ignore it 😉

27 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Like any regular warning you soon learn to ignore it 😉

I never had it turned off as I find it very useful to a dodgy short term memory 🤔

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

I never had it turned off as I find it very useful to a dodgy short term memory 🤔

So, @Bernard Foy, did you leave a pet or a child on the back seat?? Or can't you remember with that dodgy short term memory 😁😁😁

37 minutes ago, Big_D said:

So, @Bernard Foy, did you leave a pet or a child on the back seat?? Or can't you remember with that dodgy short term memory 😁😁😁

I have to find where I parked my car first 🤪😡

• Haha 4

You joke but I've had this problem with my Mk4 a few times because it's so much lower than my previous Yariesieieeues and always seems to be surrounded by SUVs!

(Seriously, this car seems to be an SUV magnet... It's worse on the roads, they keep trying to merge with it! :eek: )

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Seriously, this car seems to be an SUV magnet... It's worse on the roads, they keep trying to merge with it! :eek: )

Parked in a near empty Aldi car park.  Empty slot right and two left.  Bet we would not be alone when we came out. 

No bet.  Van parked along side before we even got out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

You joke but I've had this problem with my Mk4 a few times because it's so much lower than my previous Yariesieieeues and always seems to be surrounded by SUVs!

(Seriously, this car seems to be an SUV magnet... It's worse on the roads, they keep trying to merge with it! :eek: )

The Merc is a lot easier to find than the Yaris.

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Parked in a near empty Aldi car park.  Empty slot right and two left.  Bet we would not be alone when we came out. 

No bet.  Van parked along side before we even got out. 

Every. Single. Time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Cyker said:

It’s such a sexy wee car it attracts admirers all the time 😍

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links