Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cross Software Update

Roy124

Thursday got a popup telling my that there was an update available.  I went through the update routine even though I have Auto Update selected. 

It told me it already updated. 

Contacted the garage.  They had one in this morning.  I have an appointment for next week. 

Seems like a fault. 

Fault confirmed but not fixed.  Escalated to Toyota. 

Toyota came back, very quick, new update out next week. They say my car should update automatically. 

If it doesn't return to dealer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My wife took the Cross for service, and was told there is a software update for it, but they were unable to do it at that time due to a problem, and they'd arrange another time to bring it in.

Anyone know what the update is for?

Not exactly.  However on April 12th my car reported update available, and still does, but when I check it says it is up to date. 

I booked it in on the 20th and they were unable to clear the message.  I was told there was an update being issued last week.  No update yet. 

What it is intended to do I don't know. 

I think:

I went into an underground car park on the 12th and lost contact with mother.  When we came out 30 minutes later mother said update available but at the same time the update was cancelled.  The effect means I cannot access Satnav. 

• Sad 1

I cannot use the satnav either on our yaris cross ...it tells me to update the software ...but then it just says loading but never completes it ... very frustrating as it effectively disable use of the sat nav!

• Thanks 1

I raised that here 3 weeks ago.  No bites then but pleased to see a fell sufferer. 

I much prefer Android Auto now though my Satnav failure occurred at exactly the same time I had a mobile data failure - very embarrassing on aThe Hage, no map, no idea and a ferry to catch. 

Similar topics merged.

• Like 2

Had the software update message whilst on a 30 min journey. Bashed the screen to get it to update. Screen went blank and then installed over a 10 to 15 minute time span. 
All seems fine. I tried Sat Nav as there had been some problems with it. Something was different - the order of favourites had changed at least - but all worked well. No issues so far.

I'll try updating it here. Any benefit to connecting the car to WiFi first? I'll do that anyway, just in case.

On 5/3/2023 at 5:53 PM, Roy124 said:

Not exactly.  However on April 12th my car reported update available, and still does, but when I check it says it is up to date. 

I booked it in on the 20th and they were unable to clear the message.  I was told there was an update being issued last week.  No update yet. 

So to summerise, there's no update on the update to fix the auto update issue. 🤣  

• Like 1

I tried to update, but nothing.

Audio 1413
Navigation 1160
navdb_version 2021v1

Same here, nowt 

I updated mine today (Smart Connect). Downloaded and installed fine.

Just updated mine ( Smart Connect). No problems downloading and installing.

Just updated my standard Yaris (smart connect) has now gone to version 1.23.010

• Thanks 1

I feel a trip to the garage. 

Prior to your upgrade was this the first time you got the message and then upgraded. 

I have mine set to Auto Update. 

I never got a message, having seen these posts I just checked the system for updates and it was there ready to install. Don’t know what difference there is as the download was only about 8mb   Mine is also set to auto update. 

I'll check ours here again.

I feel a factory reset is probably the way forward 

And having to relearn how to set everything up as I like it. 

Any other noticeable changes? 

There is a button which shows all the changes. It was mostly to do with improvements to satnav, some language improvements and I think perhaps a connectivity issue.

• Thanks 1

I tried the nuclear option.  The only significant change was deleting my WiFi.  It still reports software is up to date and then that an update is available. 

On 5/6/2023 at 7:53 PM, Roy124 said:

Any other noticeable changes? 

Now I’ve lost all camera alerts from built in sat nav. They are not even showing up on the map. 

10 minutes ago, Ralph H said:

Now I’ve lost all camera alerts from built in sat nav. They are not even showing up on the map. 

Thanks Ralph. 

I have booked my car in for next Monday. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links