Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cross Software Update

Roy124

Software updated yesterday no problem except my profile has to be reset. 

After the update there was a message that there were some changes and improvements - Learn More. 

I selected that and it didn't tell me anything. 

Anyone know what the changes are? 

11 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

So when you pressed “learn more” …..nothing happened ?  No further text ?

Graham, I think so, though 'there have been improvements' might have been that. 

The software was 25/3/23 and version 1.23 up from 1.22 so clearly not massive though a massive inconvenience to me. 

Over a month between notification and fix. The main inconvenience had been a double failure, no Satnav and a Sim Data issue at the same time in a strange city in a foreign country. 

Anybody know if the upgrade for the 8 inch screen is available yet?

8 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Software updated yesterday no problem except my profile has to be reset. 

After the update there was a message that there were some changes and improvements - Learn More. 

Anyone know what the changes are? 

I was getting the same message a couple of weeks before I updated to 1.23, when I clicked on it it didn’t say much except fixed a login bug? Something was not right as it hadn’t been updated for months so how could anything be fixed! This went on every day for about a week then it just stopped. After i updated to 1.23 I’ve not had any messages. It does seem more stable than it was before though. Apart from the occasional lack of speed camera alerts from the built in sat nav. 

58 minutes ago, Ralph H said:

Apart from the occasional lack of speed camera alerts from the built in sat nav. 

Must check that out.  We have a fixed cam and some Specs.  As I have switched to Android Auto it has not been important, but best to know. 

44 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Must check that out.  We have a fixed cam and some Specs.  As I have switched to Android Auto it has not been important, but best to know. 

For a few days I monitored it, and there were no camera alerts on my early morning commute but it works fine on the way home in the afternoon.

I’ve now gone back to the TomTom go app on car play which works great. So as you say it’s not a big problem. 

12 hours ago, Ralph H said:

For a few days I monitored it, and there were no camera alerts on my early morning commute but it works fine on the way home in the afternoon.

The same cameras?  Directional? 

They are different cameras on the way home as it’s the opposite direction but they have all been there for years and on the morning journey they don’t even appear on the map. But in the afternoon they all miraculously appear there is one new one that does both directions it’s there in the afternoon but not in the morning 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Lower spec than Happy 

On 5/17/2023 at 9:42 AM, Ralph H said:

They are different cameras on the way home as it’s the opposite direction but they have all been there for years and on the morning journey they don’t even appear on the map. But in the afternoon they all miraculously appear there is one new one that does both directions it’s there in the afternoon but not in the morning 🤷‍♂️

Speed display was new.  Previously, in a Specs zone it appeared to show the average speed in the zone.  If you exceeded the zone speed the speed display changed to orange.  If you persisted it changed to red. IIRC, when you had a route set the zone was shown with a different road colour.  Outside the zone no speed was shown. 

Today, no route set but the display showed the speed limit, 70.  Turning into a 60 zone the speed changed to 60; previously no speed.  Entering a 30 zone the speed display disappeared. 

Yeah I get the speed limit displayed but still no cameras at all this morning, even though I pass 4 of them on my way to work. None of them are average speed cameras so I can’t comment on what it does for them.
Funnily enough car play was on in the background and I was getting camera alerts from TomTom in the background. TomTom also shows your actual speed all the time as well as the speed limit. 

Trip today, specs cans not showing, average speed in zone not shown, specs zone not shown on the route. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I keep saying no to the update because my systems are already working just fine.  Should I bite the bullet and install the update?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone managed to reinstate their camera alerts and roadworks alerts after doing the latest software update?

6 hours ago, GerryJ said:

Has anyone managed to reinstate their camera alerts and roadworks alerts after doing the latest software update?

Yes.  Can't remember the exact sequence but it's not difficult.   Go into settings and you can find the options for both fixed and mobile.

Yesterday I got the Specs warning as a pop up over my Android Auto display.   Only a popup but there nevertheless. 

11 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Yes.  Can't remember the exact sequence but it's not difficult.   Go into settings and you can find the options for both fixed and mobile.

I have already done that, thank you. I still didn’t get any notifications when I was travelling down the M6 on Saturday night about roadworks and the corresponding average speed cameras and also the overnight closure of the M6 at junction 17.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links