Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 Toyota avensis business icon d4d

Andrewtaxi

Hi everyone, hope everyone all good …looking for some advice on my car my coolant is disappearing over a period of two weeks, no smoke , no overheating, no smoke from exhaust, done pressure test , it was ok , no gunk in d oil , not even losing oil ….., got car remapped two and half years ago no dpf no egr anymore because dpf was badly blocked and d back pressure went back to engine and blew d head gasket, 

does anyone think it head gasket again , r cud it b water pump, or egr cooler 

any advice for me 

1 hour ago, Andrewtaxi said:

Hi everyone, hope everyone all good …looking for some advice on my car my coolant is disappearing over a period of two weeks, no smoke , no overheating, no smoke from exhaust, done pressure test , it was ok , no gunk in d oil , not even losing oil ….., got car remapped two and half years ago no dpf no egr anymore because dpf was badly blocked and d back pressure went back to engine and blew d head gasket, 

does anyone think it head gasket again , r cud it b water pump, or egr cooler 

any advice for me 

2015 is that the one of the last toyota 1adftv engines and how many miles on it 

Ye I think dey changed to bmw engines in late 2015 , there’s a 194000 miles 

15 hours ago, Andrewtaxi said:

...does anyone think it head gasket again...

If it's the head gasket, there should be excessive pressure in the coolant reservoir after a long driving?

• Like 1

When I open bottle to top up coolant thers a little pressure but no much , and a bit of condensation in corner of bottle. 

14 hours ago, Andrewtaxi said:

Ye I think dey changed to bmw engines in late 2015 , there’s a 194000 miles 

thats right good miles on it and with it been late 15 with the bmw engine . im not sure it could be head gone on it. there not good things said about those engines tbh 

3 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

thats right good miles on it and with it been late 15 with the bmw engine . im not sure it could be head gone on it. there not good things said about those engines tbh 

Sorry my avensis hasn’t got d bmw engine, mine is early 2015 , just can’t find out wat d problem is , and mine I use as a taxi so I need to find out wat d problem is , was thinking of buying a sniff test kit den I would know wether it the head gasket r not 

• Like 1

I can only share the issue I had on my Avensis 1ZZ-FE. The radiator was leaking but there were no signs of coolant on the gound. Basically it was leaking onto the engine undertray cover and was staying there until dried out during the trips. I thought this was just a rainwater until I took the radiator out and saw the leaks. But you should be able to check for coolant for by touching the lower corners of the radiator (do it when the engine has cooled down a bit). Otherwise you should check the waterpump, it might be  leaking too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrewtaxi said:

When I open bottle to top up coolant thers a little pressure but no much , and a bit of condensation in corner of bottle. 

The hiss should be almost quieter than opening a can of beer...

Thanks man , I’ll try that ,and let u know how I got on 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links