Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Deflectors

dannyboy413

I have looked at various threads regarding window deflectors. As I expected, opinions vary as to which is best, but, as a 'straw poll', for those members who have them, which brand have you got, (and any adverse/favourable comments?).

Herself's Cross wears Hekos. They were the only option when she got her Cross last year.
Does the job, no issues. Fits the same as Climair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could i ask why people fit them, you have air con to keep cool and filters to keep dirty air out why would you travel with windows down? 

You don't always need or want A/C....sometimes it's just nice to have fresh outside air...and if it's raining you can have the windows open a little without the inconvenience of having rain coming in.

I've had them for many years and wouldn't be without them now.

• Like 1

I use e-cigarettes and depending on which liquid I am using, my wife will sometimes say "that smells". If I have my window open a bit, I can blow my 'exhast fumes' out of the window. I have had wind deflectors in my last few cars and find them excellent for letting fresh air in without the rain! Plus. my wife smokes 'proper' cigarettes and she can blow the smoke out of her window. And me being, (tight), me, it means I do not have to have the air conditioning on if I don't want it - and not use extra petrol. 😀. I have only used Heko in the past, hence my intial post.

• Like 2

Also, farts. 😂💨

My (old) Yaris has annoying wind whistle from the windows, and no air-con. If I open the windows, the whistle gets pretty bad. The prices I have seen for wind deflectors seem a bit high for a couple of bits of plastic, though. Then the ones I have seen are for four door models, and don't mention if the front deflectors will fit a two door. I'm guessing they would, but at thirty to sixty quid, I don't want to chance it. And no, the hatch is not a third or fifth door, not even a dog door. Poor dog is too old and feeble to jump in through the hatch anymore, so she just muddies up the front seats.🐶

@paul9

It is highly unlikely that the front door wind deflectors from a 4 door set would fit a 2 door model.  The front doors are usually bigger on a 2 door model, so you would need to double check if you were thinking of getting a pair. If a car is available in a 2 door and 4 door version, the wind deflectors will be in a set for a 2 door or 4 door.

• Thanks 1

I've had hekos on my last 3 cars, Volvo - Hyundai  - Corolla I can't fault them I bet they are just as good as the factory ones for half the price 

• Thanks 1

Only ever fitted wind deflectors the once.

Found my 2 door Skoda Citigo had a loud whistle at speed with the windows down. Did some research and settled on ClimAir ones.

They don't need any metal clips or adhesive to fix or hold them in place. Very surprised at how easy they were to fit. They just fit inside the rubber window seals and stay put! Think they may have been a bit more expensive than Heko.

They stopped the loud whistle and they're very good at keeping the weather out of the car with the window part open.

• Thanks 1

Just checked on Climair site £68.71 delivered for front windows for Yaris Cross. £53.65 for rear.

Heko £56.37 for front and rear delivered.

I've had team hekos and genuine toyota ones. In my opinion the genuine toyota ones are better. Better fit and visibility because they don't go down past the wing mirror. 

I like wind deflectors because you can leave the windows down a tad to help ventilation on a damp rainy day or a hot day when parked up. 

What are people's opinions on colours for wind deflectors? I can see that ClimAir comes in clear as well two different darker options. 

Is it silly having clear ones in the front and darker ones on the rear windows to match the glass colour?

I would say it is not silly, but personally, I would prefer them to be the same colour. I have ordered the ClimAir, in dark, or black, depending on which bit of the Amazon description you are reading, for the front doors. However, my YC has the black roof, so I think they will look fine. If I really like them, I will order the rear ones from ClimAir, as I could not see any rear ones elsewhere. Thank you to everybody who has passed on their opinions and comments following my original post. 👍

• Like 1

Just ordered some Heko deflectors on eBay for mine. The tinted fellows. Hopefully they will stop the excess wind whistle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links