Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

City pack for Yaris Cross Excel..........

Lawnmowerman

12 hours ago, Primus1 said:

I have the excel with city pack, I had misgivings after ordering it , but I’m glad I did, reverse camera with 360 bird’s eye view is great, and the dynamic guide lines work well, I don’t think the resolution is bad at all it’s ok for me.

Thanks for that, has it still got android with wireless connect? And the 7 speaker JBL stereo?

Roy

1 hour ago, roycollingwood said:

Thanks for that, has it still got android with wireless connect? And the 7 speaker JBL stereo?

Roy

See previous post by Primus1

So if your phone is plugged in for google play, you can't connect a usb stick, that's why I wanted wireless Google play.

roy

That's correct. You'll either have to copy your songs to your phone or do as we did, buy a Yaris X with the newer head unit to get wireless AA.

The City Pack comes with the previous generation headunit. As I understood it, JBL was never included in the city pack option, it was part of a seperate option pack which has long been dropped from the UK market. I think it disappeared over a year ago.

36 minutes ago, RonYarisX said:

That's correct. You'll either have to copy your songs to your phone or do as we did, buy a Yaris X with the newer head unit to get wireless AA.

The City Pack comes with the previous generation headunit. As I understood it, JBL was never included in the city pack option, it was part of a seperate option pack which has long been dropped from the UK market. I think it disappeared over a year ago.

That's a useful answer, I think I'll try and cancel the city pack.

It’s strange in this day and age,how Toyota can’t offer the city pack and it’s features on the bigger screen 

I've made a decision, I have cancelled the City Pack.

I decide, larger HD screen & Wirless Android/Apple, would be used more than 36-deg camera.

I need the usb port for playing music from usb stick, as I have 900 albums on the stick, & I guess every time it gets unplugged, it goes back to the start.

Roy

11 hours ago, Primus1 said:

It’s strange in this day and age,how Toyota can’t offer the city pack and it’s features on the bigger screen 

As someone has mentioned elsewhere... Car manufacturers aren't very good with computers and electronics in general... That kind of thing usually gets farmed out to 3rd party contractors and they usually come in fixed packages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roycollingwood said:

I've made a decision, I have cancelled the City Pack.

I decide, larger HD screen & Wirless Android/Apple, would be used more than 36-deg camera.

I need the usb port for playing music from usb stick, as I have 900 albums on the stick, & I guess every time it gets unplugged, it goes back to the start.

Roy

If I was you, I'd TEST that this does what you want it to do on a demo car at the dealer to avoid disappointment!

• Like 2

I had the test drive on the one without city pack, and sat in a different model with the 360 camera, it was nice but it's the wireless android that convinced me.

Roy

4 hours ago, roycollingwood said:

@roycollingwood

I have a USB stick with all my music on. I don't know how many tracks, but it is somewhere in the region of 4/500. I always have the playlist set to 'Random', so if I unplug the USB stick to add some more tracks, when I plug it back in, it just starts playing from 'somewhere' in the list.  I have never tried playing the tracks in any particular order, although I did, a few weeks ago, play one particular folder, but that is all it played - after the last track, it went back to the first track in the folder. Not sure if that answers your particular query Roy. :huh:

I had the test drive on the one without city pack, and sat in a different model with the 360 camera, it was nice but it's the wireless android that convinced me.

Roy

1 minute ago, dannyboy413 said:

I have a USB stick with all my music on. I don't know how many tracks, but it is somewhere in the region of 4/500. I always have the playlist set to 'Random', so if I unplug the USB stick to add some more tracks, when I plug it back in, it just starts playing from 'somewhere' in the list.  I have never tried playing the tracks in any particular order, although I did, a few weeks ago, play one particular folder, but that is all it played - after the last track, it went back to the first track in the folder. Not sure if that answers your particular query. :huh:

Thanks, that's nice to know.

On my last 2 cars, when I've set random, tis reset itself back to 'normal' when ign turns off.

Roy

If I turn the ignition off when it is part way through playing a track, the track continues where it left off when I turn the ignition back on.

Edited by dannyboy413
spellink era

3 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Bring back the 8 track….

Memories, I had a akai recorder, it cost £102, all the money I had for my 21st birthday.

Roy

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links