Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

City pack for Yaris Cross Excel..........

Lawnmowerman

I was looking at the specification of the Yaris Cross Excel and, as standard, it has a 9 inch infotainment screen. To add the City Pack to get the PVM (£100) the infotainment screen shrinks to 8 inch.

Anyone know why?

Cheers.

50 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

I was looking at the specification of the Yaris Cross Excel and, as standard, it has a 9 inch infotainment screen. To add the City Pack to get the PVM (£100) the infotainment screen shrinks to 8 inch.

Anyone know why?

Cheers.

The new fandango ICE isn’t compatible with the 360 cameras.  It’s poor really, you think they would have considered that in the design stage.  I’ve got the city Pack and I think it’s worthwhile but the graphics are dated on the screen.  

• Like 2

Ordered mine with city pack, mainly for the surround view camera, but, you would think in these days of technological  advancement it would be a doddle..

• Like 2

Use of ACP negates any issues with the dated 8" screen.

Tel

• Like 2

I think the 'standard' Satnav is superior to the old City Pack mapping except the pastle colouring is less clear. 

If you use the Android Auto mapping then that will overcome the older map system. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I think the 'standard' Satnav is superior to the old City Pack mapping except the pastle colouring is less clear. 

If you use the Android Auto mapping then that will overcome the older map system. 

I never use the onboard maps.  Looks like children drew them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Smart Connect mapping is more detailed though the muted pastel colours spoil it.  I also make a note of railway lines but these are almost invisible on these. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

The Smart Connect mapping is more detailed though the muted pastel colours spoil it.  I also make a note of railway lines but these are almost invisible on these. 

If you like railway lines, you might like my YouTube channel;

https://youtu.be/fEGOXMW-ZNU

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Use of ACP negates any issues with the dated 8" screen.

Except the 8" is wired connection only. The 9" is wireless and also slightly higher resolution, but not much in it.

But I agree that ACP is far superior experience overall. 

29 minutes ago, anchorman said:

If you like railway lines, you might like my YouTube channel

Cool. Are you a train driver then or just friendly with one?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Cool. Are you a train driver then or just friendly with one?

Yes, train driver.  I don’t drive all the trains in the videos though.  I give all the money to The Samaritans.   

IMG_5189.jpeg

• Like 5

Ooh you should license your videos to the Norwegians - They love stuff like that! My brother was there for a few years doing a PhD and apparently there are TV channels that just show PoV train journeys 24/7! :laugh: 

Thanks everyone - they make it hard don't they. And, if I read it correctly the Dynamic Guide lines are only available on the 8 inch screen 🤨.

I like the Scarlet Flare colour but frustratingly no Bi-tone colour scheme unless it's a GR (I like the Bi-tone on my RAV4).

More like GRRRRRR - they really do make it hard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

GR btw my favourite of all trim levels. Had a better looking alloys, two tone paint that makes the car stands out and top class seats material with two pockets that are so important to me plus auto dim rear view mirror. Big screen comes as standard. Just spotted a blue one today and yeah what a beauty 🚙

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

GR btw my favourite of all trim levels. Had a better looking alloys, two tone paint that makes the car stands out and top class seats material with two pockets that are so important to me plus auto dim rear view mirror. Big screen comes as standard. Just spotted a blue one today and yeah what a beauty 🚙

And very comfortable seats 👍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ooh you should license your videos to the Norwegians - They love stuff like that! My brother was there for a few years doing a PhD and apparently there are TV channels that just show PoV train journeys 24/7! :laugh: 

Yes, there’s a young lady has a channel called RailCowGirl.  She’s got a couple of hundred thousand followers.  Makes my 40k look puny!

• Like 2

40k subscribers is still a lot!!! Some of the channels I watch regularly struggle to get even a tenth of that!

Now I’m having doubts on doing the right thing by ordering the city pack, is the resolution really poor?, I’m used to the ford sync three system which, seems pretty clear but, I’ve no real comparison with other systems, I only really use sat nav occasionally, usually when going on holiday , I do have Apple Maps, but I don’t want to use all my data up on a long journey, can’t understand why they can’t give city pack with the newer screen..

On 5/10/2023 at 6:43 PM, anchorman said:

If you like railway lines, you might like my YouTube channel;

https://youtu.be/fEGOXMW-ZNU

Totally off topic but as an avid fan of it myself, I would also recommend Don's excellent channel! 😀 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 8:59 PM, Primus1 said:

Now I’m having doubts on doing the right thing by ordering the city pack, is the resolution really poor?, I’m used to the ford sync three system which, seems pretty clear but, I’ve no real comparison with other systems, I only really use sat nav occasionally, usually when going on holiday , I do have Apple Maps, but I don’t want to use all my data up on a long journey, can’t understand why they can’t give city pack with the newer screen..

Do you mean the infotainment display?

I have the old one in my Mk4 and TBH it's fine; It's not super responsive but the display is clear enough and it has more physical controls than the newer one which IMHO makes it more usable while driving.

I haven't played with the new screen so can't draw direct comparisons tho'.

• Like 4

Primus, IMHO the old one has superior graphics and colours and is adequate for navigation.  When you select a route it gives 3 options.  Tap the screen immediately and then chose your option. 

As Cyker say, the hard buttons are easier to use. 

• Like 3

Yes I suppose it will be more than adequate for my needs, I’m sure the reverse camera will be fine too, 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have ordered the excel with city pack, is the JBL stereo system on the smaller screen? 

What's the other things that have changed when they put the city pack on?

The dealer was not going to tell me that the screen was smaller, I went back and asked, after order and deposit payed.

Roy

• Like 1

I have the excel with city pack, I had misgivings after ordering it , but I’m glad I did, reverse camera with 360 bird’s eye view is great, and the dynamic guide lines work well, I don’t think the resolution is bad at all it’s ok for me, it adds voice control as well, though I’ve not used it yet, there’s a couple of other things it adds but I forget what else.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

I have the excel with city pack, I had misgivings after ordering it , but I’m glad I did, reverse camera with 360 bird’s eye view is great, and the dynamic guide lines work well, I don’t think the resolution is bad at all it’s ok for me.

Thanks for that, has it still got android with wireless connect? And the 7 speaker JBL stereo?

Roy

No, no wireless and only one usb in the entire car, ( regardless of model) I think the jbl sound system is no longer offered , but I’m down wiv da kids an my bangin tunes sound ok on the radio…

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links