Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross v CHR

chazbri

Has anyone had experience of both a CHR and a Yaris Cross that they can share?

7 minutes ago, chazbri said:

Has anyone had experience of both a CHR and a Yaris Cross that they can share?

My mate’s CHR arrived virtually the same time as mine.  It’s a slightly bigger car and his has the new 2.0 litre engine which goes really well.  There isn’t a lot else to say really.  I prefer mine as it’s AWD and my mrs wouldn’t have the CHR because she didn’t like it in the back in the off chance she ended up in there.  Is there any particular aspect about them you are interested in?

Not really Don I changed from a Rav Hybrid AWD to a Cross to go smaller and just wondered if anyone had gone the same way but with a CHR and wondered how they found the experience.

• Like 1

Chr it’s a larger car, heavier and imo will be more refined. Yaris otoh it’s better looking with better practicality and more airy on the rear, it has more rugged like a real suv appearance and it’s more efficient and more capable going on dirt roads. I prefer YC. Chr rear doors design it’s not to my like., but that’s just me. Here in London and around these are ultra popular. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chazbri said:

Not really Don I changed from a Rav Hybrid AWD to a Cross to go smaller and just wondered if anyone had gone the same way but with a CHR and wondered how they found the experience.

You get a lot more car with a RAV4 than a cross.  What I mean is, it’s far better built and finished.  Don’t get me wrong, I like my Cross but it’s a tin can compared to a RAV and I agree with Tony, the CHR is somewhere in between.  

• Like 3

You get what you pay for as they say!

The RAV4 is a totally different class now than what it was originally; It's just creeping into the luxo barge SUV crowd, while the YC is more similar to what the RAV4 was originally (Even with AWD too! :laugh: )

I always chuckle when I see a current RAV4 parked near an original RAV4 - It's really had a few too many pies over the years :laugh: 

• Like 4

Me & my dad tested both back to back when he was looking to get a Toyota hybrid. Yaris cross delivered better mpg but was noisier inside and the cabin isn’t furnished as well as the CHR. We concluded that Yaris cross was better for short trips / urban use, and CHR was a better & more refined car to cover distance in. The YC has a bigger boot than the CHR though. 

• Like 4

Hi Gray86, Out of interest which one did he choose?

1 hour ago, chazbri said:

Hi Gray86, Out of interest which one did he choose?

2.0 CHR GR-sport  in the end (with no regrets) 

the Drive The Deal discounts meant it was hardly any more expensive than the YC 

• Like 3

Yes the deal discount and interest rates on a PCP seem to make the CHR nearly the same as the YC but isn't there's a new model coming soon that may have bearing  on the current pricing.

It's a small step up, bigger engine option and more of a Corolla in different form as opposed to Yaris Cross being a Yaris in different form. I test drove both and had a chance to buy whatever I wanted new at nonexistant rates and I decided on the Yaris Cross. I've drooled after a CHR since they were first launched, but it does sacrifice some practicality for that quirky design. I like it, but I think the Yaris Cross has some of that quirkiness with more practicality.

Furthermore, I find the Yaris-"platform" steering wheel controls much more refined. Even the new CHRs have that weird cruise control "stick" (sorry i cant come up what its called in english altho I just read it) while the Yaris-platform cars have it properly itnegrated to the wheel. OVerall everything about the Yaris Cross felt more modern to me, but again, CHR is a step up with interior materials etc otherwise. But I know theres quite a lot of people who actually decided on the Yaris Cross instead, most of us probably cos it's just a little bit more practical while still a little quirky

It's also a bit of a bad time for a CHR as they are just selling away the old stock and preparing for the new. If you arnt in a hurry, wait for the new 2023 CHRs before making the call

• Like 4

Thanks CruxisCore for interesting views they all help.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 2:23 PM, TonyHSD said:

Chr rear doors design it’s not to my like

I love the rear doors of the C-HR. I looked at the Yaris Cross as well, and preferred the C-HR which I bought. I've since upgraded to the C-HR GR Sport (2.0 litre). My wife preferred the Yaris to the Yaris Cross and bought the Excel.

I found the C-HR to be more refined and a better all rounder

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chazbri said:

Yes the deal discount and interest rates on a PCP seem to make the CHR nearly the same as the YC but isn't there's a new model coming soon that may have bearing  on the current pricing.

This was just over a year ago 

23 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I love the rear doors of the C-HR. I looked at the Yaris Cross as well, and preferred the C-HR which I bought. I've since upgraded to the C-HR GR Sport (2.0 litre). My wife preferred the Yaris to the Yaris Cross and bought the Excel.

I found the C-HR to be more refined and a better all rounder

The rear doors are interesting, but there’s a surprising amount of rear space in the C-HR and more rear headroom than my Corolla TS. The C-HR engine noise is much quieter compared to the Corolla, and the dashboard is of better quality too

• Like 1

@Gray86.I totally agree. I love the C-HR. I’ve heard it described as the “Marmite” car. You either love it or hate it. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Whilst the new C-HR looks good, the BZ version looks even better. If that makes it to production with an AWD option… 🤤

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-bz-compact-concept/

Back end looks like it has ripped off a Lotus/Caterham 7. That would be an awfully narrow cabin 😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links