Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris hybrid review 2023

I purchased my first Yaris hybrid 12-months ago and and already have had another since then. The Yaris hybrid won the European car of the year award in 2021 for it's smooth driving, low emissions and it's reasonable price. The car also won an award in 2022 from Auto Express for the affordable car of the year award. I'm pleased to have formerly owned a MK2 and MK3 (both petrol). The MK4 is certainly the best being more economical and it handles extremely well on the road around corners compared to the previous models. The car is much more stylish and updated too with it's latest fantastic tech! I have to admit that there is slightly less interior room in the MK4 but I am usually the only person in the car so it doesn't bother me. It makes it a fantastic commuting to work vehicle. I'm normally driving on country roads, B-roads and sometimes A-roads. I rarely drive it above 60mph as I rarely travel on motorways. Driving the car badly, I get above 60MPG. Drive it smoothly I can achieve in the 80's and I may reach 90ish MPG on a long trip if the car is very warm in the summer season. I have often seen the MPG in the 70's during the cold winter months. On a very short trip or driving at a very slow speed, you could see over 100MPG! I'm a sensible young driver and I like to drive smoothly so that's why I went for a Hybrid. The car seems to average  50% in EV usage on a journey on the roads I drive it on!

I find the car reliable, cheap to run and comfortable to drive for a long distance; My favourite Yaris so far!

You will find a photo attached of my most recent 917-mile road trip at Holy Island in Northumberland, UK, along the Lindisfarne causeway that leads to the Island. My Yaris is the Excel spec.

336763298_170023362574982_6831159868593316711_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

• Like 1

I'm still enjoying mine too - There are lots of really stupid things about it that are annoying, and it's definitely lost a chunk of practicality vs the Mk1 and Mk2, but it's just so fun to drive and has the same things that I loved about my old Mk1 D4D, mainly that you could have your cake and eat it, as it doesn't punch you in the wallet for hooning it about for fun :biggrin:

I'm so glad someone in Toyota, I'm assuming it was Akio, decided to make the engine punchier and improve the handling. It's just handles soooo much better than the older models and the instant torque response is really satisfying.

It's also made the slow death-crawls I do through London traffic much more tolerable - I think only an EV can crawl through sub-idle traffic as well as this can; It just feels so nice not having to clutch in and out repeatedly like you would in a manual, or fight the engine on the brakes as you would in an automatic.

And then when the road clears, you just press and go! :biggrin: 

I do sometimes feel I need to add some rusty spikes to the outside, Mad Max-style, to keep SUVs away from it tho'; It seems like it has some sort of cloaking device that only works on SUVs judging by how many have tried to drive into it lately! :eek: 

• Like 2

Most of the Toyota s that drive pass me on the motorway at speed are Aygo, Yaris or Yaris cross. You would have thought these are all GR 4 versions 🏁🏎

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links