Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

emission system

rovien

hallo guys i have a question i own a 2005 toyota avensis  with a 1az fe engine  its a 2.0 l automatic saloon i buy it in the caribean where i lived but i moved to germany and bring my car with me and now i can not drive it here because of the emission law after doing some research on my own i found that my car is buidt for general market 

the question is do i need tobuy a compleet engine or i can fix a catalic converter on it and it will function ?

I think it's a question you need to put to the relevant government department in Germany. It may be that the car in itself is fine and just needs some form of official inspection and/or emission test before it is allowed on the roads. The exact rules tend to differ in every country, most users on here are UK-based and without having a detailed knowledge of German motoring law I doubt anyone can tell you for certain.

• Like 1

The German market is very strict, no amount of work or money will make it TUV compliant TBH ship it back or scrap it and get a German market car that is in EU compliance

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links