Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app updates, issues, etc ..........

omglol

Good luck with resolving issues with MyToyota on email or phone - I've sent 4 emails through the website: not a single acknowledgement - I've been on the 'phone 4 times with a case number, the operative, very polite, tries to get through to the Multimedia Team but unsuccessful, offers a call-back, but never happens, not a thing - absolutely appalling service!  I can feel a letter to the Chairman/woman of Toyota coming on!

• Like 1

To be fair, they got back to me the same day as my phone call to tell me services should now work for me. I logged on to the app and they did. The techies must have done something. I'm still not getting coaching/trip information, just a summary of doors locked/open, mileage/fuel/range and service information. I'm hoping the rest will happen in due course. Interestingly when I tried my previous Android phone I was told to use the new app and was then in exactly the same position as with iOS.

"In order to provision your subscription"... Who writes this garbage?

• Haha 1

Scheduled Charging appeared on the App this evening, could be a little more user friendly but working fine - all in all, a bit frustrating with the poor communication, but hey ho, upwards and onwards!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else with the MyT app finding that the fuel level being reported is wrong?

Mine has been stuck at 65% fuel despite the car being nearly empty one day and completely full another day.

On 10/14/2023 at 12:01 AM, McGeoch said:

Anyone else with the MyT app finding that the fuel level being reported is wrong?

Mine has been stuck at 65% fuel despite the car being nearly empty one day and completely full another day.

I confirm!

Kilometers are displayed OK.

But the fuel has been showing only 35% for a long time 😞

• Thanks 1

Are you using MyT, or the newer MyToyota App?

I had a similar issue to this with the recorded mileage and lack of trip info for my C-HR. I spoke with Toyota GB, who were really helpful, and was told that they are in the process of phasing out the MyT app in favour of the newer MyToyota app. I was asked to use MyToyota instaed, and this has solved my trip related problems. The MyToyota app is alos recording my fuel level, and mileage, correctly.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Are you using MyT, or the newer MyToyota App?

I had a similar issue to this with the recorded mileage and lack of trip info for my C-HR. I spoke with Toyota GB, who were really helpful, and was told that they are in the process of phasing out the MyT app in favour of the newer MyToyota app. I was asked to use MyToyota instaed, and this has solved my trip related problems. The MyToyota app is alos recording my fuel level, and mileage, correctly.

I’m using MyT app at the moment. 

@McGeoch Have you considered using the MyToyota app?

@Dala Have you contacted the Toyota distributor in your country about the issue you are having?

I don't know if this is an Irish thing or not, but whenever I look for the 'MyToyota' app, it only ever shows me the 'MyT' app. The app 'froze' on me last Friday and only showed the first two of four journeys and the tank was shown as 35%(?) all weekend, even though I filled up on Friday. The remainder of the journeys I made Friday and also one I made on Saturday have disappeared. However, it seems to be working okay now.

Edited by dannyboy413
Spelink era!

14 minutes ago, Big_D said:

@McGeoch Have you considered using the MyToyota app?

I had looked at some reviews of it and they’re weren’t that positive.

I was under the impression that you get notified to move over to the newer MyToyoya app?

17 minutes ago, Big_D said:

@McGeoch

@Dala Have you contacted the Toyota distributor in your country about the issue you are having?

I have not contacted the distributor.  I'll wait for the bug to be fixed.  It's not important information that would cause me trouble.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

..... and the tank was shown as 35%(?)....... 

It's the same for me - 35%

@McGeoch

That's what I thought too. I did call Toyota GB and spoke to a very helpful Customer Service advisor. I was told that the MyT app was slowly being replaced by the MyToyota app.

My wife changed to the new MyToyota app, with her Yaris, a few months ago. At the time, I was under the impression that the app was only for certain Toyota models (my C-HR not included), so I stayed with the MyT app. Then I had the issues with no trips being recorded and spoke to Toyota GB. Since changing to the newer MyToyota app, I have had no issues. I wasn't notified to update and wouldn't have done it myself. I only updated after speaking with Toyota GB

• Thanks 1

Regarding my comment a few minutes ago, cancel what I said about it working! If I try and look at the 'Hybrid Coaching' bit, it tells me there is an error and to try again. I don't think I have ever had such a rubbish app and never had problems like this with the Opel app .................. 😉

On 9/2/2023 at 7:52 AM, Uti said:

New MyToyota (or Toyota MyT?) is coming to Finland in 16th October! And I really hope that there is atleast all same remote services than before!

I could not find the new application. Is it available in Finland now?

17 hours ago, Dala said:

Thanks, Dala. This app is not available for me on Google. I currently use MyT, but hope that the new app will bring climate control to my Corolla 22. Or am I too optimistic?

today the MyT works fine, it even shows the correct % fuel count

15 hours ago, Dala said:

today the MyT works fine, it even shows the correct % fuel count

MyT now showing correct % fuel count for me as well.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had my car serviced last week at a Toyota dealership but the MyT app is still showing the service as overdue.

My physical service book has been stamped and I have all the invoice paperwork etc.

Is it normal for there to be a delay in the app updating after a service?

1 hour ago, McGeoch said:

I had my car serviced last week at a Toyota dealership but the MyT app is still showing the service as overdue.

My physical service book has been stamped and I have all the invoice paperwork etc.

Is it normal for there to be a delay in the app updating after a service?

Yes, the App up date is done by Toyota.  This can also show things done or not done.  In my case a Battery change was not shown, other hand it had shown an insurance assessment that not applicable. 

46 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Yes, the App up date is done by Toyota.  This can also show things done or not done.  In my case a battery change was not shown, other hand it had shown an insurance assessment that not applicable. 

So will it update at some point over the next few weeks automatically?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links