Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app updates, issues, etc ..........

omglol

48 minutes ago, McGeoch said:

So will it update at some point over the next few weeks automatically?

Well I would say should rather than will, but it should be days rather than weeks.  Speak to Servicing in a couple of weeks if it doesn't. 

• Thanks 1

Opened the MyT app today and it said it was being updated and download Toyota MyT app to update, which I did. New app version 2.2.1 (123)

Now I've lost all the info the old app had, coaching, trips, service etc etc and all I've got is a pic of the car and "Status"; nothing else.

Opened the old app and I get "A different app is required for use with this vehicle" and it only offers to open the new app. All data has been deleted.

Now, when I click on "My Garage" in the new app to add "Connected Services" it says "You have a car model that supports a different version of the app. Please download it to continue" which takes me back to my original app which says my car needs to use the new app then points me to the new app; looping between the two in a pointless and continuous waste of time.

Wow, that's a cr*p update Toyota!

2022 Yaris 

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue with new App unable to locate my car reg to add it to the App. Got a reply today advising there are a number of issues with new App and can’t advise of any corrective course of action at the moment 

• Like 1

Chris,  probably the wrong answer.  AFAIK you need to use the QR code and not the number or VIN.  

Don't ask me how.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My23 TS, App and head unit been working fine but since yesterday the grass unit seems to have lost everything, back to choose language screen and asking to connect to app account only it’s already connected in the app but not on the grass unit so stuck what to do. I have no car play only the touts basic stuff, the dashboard also lost settings maybe due to that list link, any ideas on how to fix this? MyT app still shows open doors and mileage

8 minutes ago, simond64 said:

My23 TS, App and head unit been working fine but since yesterday the grass unit seems to have lost everything, back to choose language screen and asking to connect to app account only it’s already connected in the app but not on the grass unit so stuck what to do. I have no car play only the touts basic stuff, the dashboard also lost settings maybe due to that list link, any ideas on how to fix this? MyT app still shows open doors and mileage

After a lot of trying and seeing my iPhone still in the list managed to reconnect it but now Apple Maps has no info on some destinations, not sure if this is Toyota or the latest iOS update

I see the yanks have tyre pressures visible in their Toyota app(s). I wonder if this will come to the UK and on what cars it might be available to view

On 12/16/2023 at 12:18 PM, simond64 said:

After a lot of trying and seeing my iPhone still in the list managed to reconnect it but now Apple Maps has no info on some destinations, not sure if this is Toyota or the latest iOS update

After a week out so managed to reconnect app to head unit, although it is asking me to agree every time I start the car. Sometimes I have to connect car play on the head unit, sometimes it forgets my settings including the dashboard, Toyota, this really is poor development, we shouldn’t be having all these issues nearly at end of my23 production. 
It’s not very reassuring on a long journey having to mess about getting things set up when you stop for a break and everything disappears 

On 12/16/2023 at 7:15 PM, ToyotaFanDriver said:

I see the yanks have tyre pressures visible in their Toyota app(s). I wonder if this will come to the UK and on what cars it might be available to view

Would be nice and probably just a bit of code but the developers for the UK don’t seem capable of anything stable and reliable

• Haha 1

I recently removed the My Toyota App from my mobile and reloaded it because it was misbehaving (whats new).I now find after re-registering a lot of useful functions have vanished the two most important ones being remote control functions and journey history. I  have been on the My Toyota website and cant see any guidance on updating the app. Anyone have any ideas ? Curiously when i tried to re-register using all my previous details i.e  email address and password I was told these details no longer exist .