Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY23 Phone Cradle/Holder

McGeoch

What cradle/holder is everyone using in their MY23 for their phones?

I have an air vent bracket that I was using in my previous vehicle (not a Corolla) but it doesn’t really work due to the shape of the dash.

Any photos of your setup would be even better!

15 minutes ago, McGeoch said:

What cradle/holder is everyone using in their MY23 for their phones?

I have an air vent bracket that I was using in my previous vehicle (not a Corolla) but it doesn’t really work due to the shape of the dash.

Any photos of your setup would be even better!

Why would you want a cradle holder when you have a charging pad and your phone links to the infotainment system?

27 minutes ago, simond64 said:

Why would you want a cradle holder when you have a charging pad and your phone links to the infotainment system?

Because I like to be able to keep an eye on notifications coming through to my phone while driving which aren’t accessible via the infotainment system.

34 minutes ago, McGeoch said:

Because I like to be able to keep an eye on notifications coming through to my phone while driving which aren’t accessible via the infotainment system.

I'd suggest looking for a dash/windscreen arm mount type which you could fix to the back of the infotainment screen so that the phone is held on one side of it in portrait mode. (something like the borrowed image below)

New Dacia Jogger - family car - interior, dashboard

This shouldn't obstruct your view out of the windscreen (unless you sit very low in the seat...). Hiding the USB cable would be the fiddly bit, IDK whether there's an easy way to get one behind the dash to drop it down to the socket (maybe go in behind the infotainment screen?).

Since there are so many mounts out there that should fit the bill it would be up to you to pick one you like (magnetic, wireless charging - whatever)

6 hours ago, Don Mac said:

I'd suggest looking for a dash/windscreen arm mount type which you could fix to the back of the infotainment screen so that the phone is held on one side of it in portrait mode. (something like the borrowed image below)

New Dacia Jogger - family car - interior, dashboard

This shouldn't obstruct your view out of the windscreen (unless you sit very low in the seat...). Hiding the USB cable would be the fiddly bit, IDK whether there's an easy way to get one behind the dash to drop it down to the socket (maybe go in behind the infotainment screen?).

Since there are so many mounts out there that should fit the bill it would be up to you to pick one you like (magnetic, wireless charging - whatever)

Thanks. Would the suction type mounts stay fixed to the back of the screen? I’ve never had much success getting them to fix to anything except glass.

4 hours ago, McGeoch said:

Thanks. Would the suction type mounts stay fixed to the back of the screen? I’ve never had much success getting them to fix to anything except glass.

Dunno, but i doubt it. If I were going this way I'd use an adhesive pad to either fix the mount itself or a flat disc for it to suck onto on the back of the screen.

• Thanks 1

I bought this off Amazon July last year, it never fell off the i30 and it's fell off once on the Corolla, neither was fixed to the windscreen, amazingly it sticks to the dash. Its had good reviews, you can if you want remove the suction cup and fit the vent adapter which is supplied. I fitted it on the right side of the dash so the arm is resting on the dash so minimum impact on obscuring the view, make sure to remove when the car goes for a mot as it could fail depending on the tester.   

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088K8LC2F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20230601_203326.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, tfc said:

I bought this off Amazon July last year, it never fell off the i30 and it's fell off once on the Corolla, neither was fixed to the windscreen, amazingly it sticks to the dash. Its had good reviews, you can if you want remove the suction cup and fit the vent adapter which is supplied. I fitted it on the right side of the dash so the arm is resting on the dash so minimum impact on obscuring the view, make sure to remove when the car goes for a mot as it could fail depending on the tester.   

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088K8LC2F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20230601_203326.jpg

That looks like it’ll do the job, thanks!

Following on from recommendations on this forum I fitted a Brodit phone holder with a simple ball joint - and a Belkin Boostcharge magclip to hold and charge my iPhone. Works a charm and gives a very neat installation - as they are custom designed for the particular car model. Not the cheapest, but certainly the best. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links