Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recycling – it’s a vital part of the 21st century.

Big_D

Saw this and thought it was interesting - not my words, but copied and pasted

==========================

We’ve all got our bins and bags, which we dutifully fill with paper, glass, metal, and whatever else the council are prepared to pick up.

But this week I came across a material that I’d never even really considered before, let alone realised could be recycled:

Airbags.

Turns out that during the airbag production process, there are quite a few nylon offcuts, and thankfully, rather than letting them go to waste, use is now being made of them.

Sportswear brand Asics has announced that they’re teaming up with Toyota Gosei to create a brand new trainer made from leftover airbag fabric, as well as some offcuts from leather steering wheels too.

Toyota Gosei have already been using the offcuts to make bags and pencil cases, but the partnership with Asics will likely make it much easier for them to save much more nylon from the scrapheap, which is good news all round.

The full story can be found here

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/weird/these-asics-trainers-are-made-out-old-car-airbags?inf_contact_key=133bc89cb08805f85756250313843407680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1

• Like 3

Keen, the sports wear manufacturer, also make a range of trainers using recycled leather from car seats

• Like 3

I have an issue with Asics trainers, my wife brought a pair cost £150 and less then 18 months later ended up with a hole in the top of the trainer material on both feet.

If they are teaming up with Toyota to make a new trainer out of the leftover airbag material does that mean if you kick something the trainers will inflate and protect your feet.😅

Brilliant idea if it does I hope they can make a hat as well for the amount of times I have bang my head doing DIY😅

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links