Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Wipers

Penfold72

Not sure if its me, but the auto wipers on my C-HR dont seen very sensitive, and are a bit random.

Today, it was driving rain, but in level 2, they refused to start wiping constantly, only on level 3 did they start doing this. When rain eased, they were still wiping constantly until I dropped the setting down a level.

They can also come on when there is just a drop of rain, wiping when I cannot see any drops at all.

Is this normal, to keep having to alter sensitivity.  In my last car, no matter the sensitivity setting, if raining hard enough they would start to wipe continuously.

That seems 'normal' / typical to me. I've had auto wipers on the past two RAVs and they have behaved similarly. They don't necessarily come on when you think they should, but are perfectly happy to start to wipe for no apparent reason at all. And once on, they are rather reluctant to stop.

They always seem to deal with driving rain effectively, but I probably have them on 'level 3' all the time.

My 'solution' is not to mess with the level settings but to use the auto-wipe function only when it is actually raining. I.e. switch from 'off' to 'auto' when it starts to rain and switch from 'auto' to 'off' when it stops. This also makes it easy to use the flick wipe function for the occasional 'splash'.

Edit: it also helps the operation if you keep the screen clean - but that isn't always possible!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

More “Not sure what it’s sensing wipers”. 😬

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to keep mine on manual, and use them as I require. Don’t like the sudden spot of rain which then dry-wipes the screen - much better to operate the wash, then run the wipers.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links