Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pro ace Icon 2022 reversing camera retrofit.

Falcongrey

Can any one point me towards the best (Not dearest!) way forward to getting a reversing camera to work with my media screen? Cheers.

The Proace is a PSA van with a Toyota Badge not sure about a 22 plate, but iirc it needs an interface kit and they are not cheap as it uses a fakra LVDS input

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_Jumpy#Third_generation_(K0;_2016)

you can go with a standard camera and a standalone monitor

edit, PZ4L0-H0140-00

eg. https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-pro-ace/pro-ace-accessories/toyota-proace-2016-present-rear-camera-main-kit/

Yes, thanks, I am aware of the vans background, and I emailed toyota direct parts about their camera but no-one replied. I don't fancy another monitor in there if I can help it since I already have a perfectly good screen. I thought the model above, Design I believe, came with an integrated reversing camera. That's the sort of upgrade I'm after.

I don't have parts listing for the proace that new, I can see what I can find, but it may take a while

12 hours ago, flash22 said:

I don't have parts listing for the proace that new, I can see what I can find, but it may take a while

Ok Thanks.

Had a look last night, you can fit a factory camera, the camera is 5v, 5 wires video +, video -, ground, 5v from the BSI, and another unlabelled wire (also to the BSI)

do you have barn doors or a standard tailgate ?

Do you know your RPO code (usually 5 digits) ?

TBH the PSA parts and wiring diagrams are a bit of a learning curve

Apologies for delay. I thought I replied on another device days ago! obvs. not.

Its  a tailgate model and I'm unsure what an RPO code is?

For reasons unspecified early on Toyota decided that the Stellantis factory integrated camera via media screen did not meet Toyota standards so refused to offer on their range, in response to demand and complaints about the option of an additional standalone screen Toyota came up with an alternative from Connects2:

image.thumb.png.93dc91c25fe7179187d6f15cd747bb92.pngimage.thumb.png.05d7042a2fdef8e0e6729221f4b4a18d.png

PROACE Reversing Camera Fitting Instructions (2).pdf

That's very useful. Thanks. Does the "TSS" refer to auto rain detect , do you know?

From the pictures I am assuming mine is TSS as it has the plastic part behind the mirror....

Just to update- This camera is for up to 2016. I spoke to the firm and they don't know if the brake light fits after that. The older lens has 2 external screws, mine seems to be fixed from inside......

9 hours ago, Falcongrey said:

That's very useful. Thanks. Does the "TSS" refer to auto rain detect , do you know?

From the pictures I am assuming mine is TSS as it has the plastic part behind the mirror....

TSS refers to Toyota Safety Sense ( pre collision system )

8 hours ago, Falcongrey said:

Just to update- This camera is for up to 2016. I spoke to the firm and they don't know if the brake light fits after that. The older lens has 2 external screws, mine seems to be fixed from inside......

The kit fits any 2016 onwards Proace, we fitted a kit to a brand new Electric Proace this week.

Thanks Devon. Could you confirm for me that this model lens (with external screws) can be attached by reversing the screws on the later models? I know it seems you are saying that, I just wish to confirm before ordering!

Also I don't believe I have any pre collision system in place, but I do have the rain sensing windscreen with the plastic shroud and dark area on the screen. Do you agree that I should opt for the TSS version ? 

Appreciate the help. its not easy when you don't know much!

On 7/20/2023 at 10:26 AM, Falcongrey said:

Thanks Devon. Could you confirm for me that this model lens (with external screws) can be attached by reversing the screws on the later models? I know it seems you are saying that, I just wish to confirm before ordering!

Also I don't believe I have any pre collision system in place, but I do have the rain sensing windscreen with the plastic shroud and dark area on the screen. Do you agree that I should opt for the TSS version ? 

Appreciate the help. its not easy when you don't know much!

Bit confused over the "external screws" none of the Proace I've looked at have external screws on the Stop lamp nor does the accessory kit, all of the lamps and the accessory kit are retained by clips from inside the tailgate.

If you have the large plastic casing on yours go with the TSS type kit

Thanks both for replies. Hopefully this thread will be useful to someone else later!

The external screws I mentioned are as shown in the connects 2 vision catalogue under CAM-TY11. I am reassured to hear that is not applicable in my case.

A further query I have is does anyone have experience of the mirrors that go with these set ups?

I have never seen/used one and having just part of the mirror for the camera seems a bit odd, though I guess you get used to it. This brings me back to my original question, which is about using the factory media screen.

I have found this in my searching, and wonder if anyone has anything good/bad to say about it.

I hope to order 1 or the other in the next couple of days!

https://www.in-car-install.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/V3-scaled.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174768699963?hash=item28b106ba3b:g:KlAAAOSw-1tgnm1o

Hope that works.....

Yes there is a full kit for OEM integration £300-500 depending on the manufacture you may find it easier to find list as a spacetourer - Connects 2 CAM-CT1-AD - Destructions https://www.connects2downloads.co.uk/C2/files/InstallationGuides/CAM-CT1-AD.pdf

this also gives you an HDMI in - note this is plus camera(s)

the mirrors come in 4.3" 1/3 of the mirror or 7" what's full size, when off they are a standard mirror

Well Guys, I have opted for the Empirical set up using the factory media screen. The chap that runs the firm is v. helpful and the kit arrived next day. It looks very professional and should do the job well. I'll report back later once its fitted.

Thanks again for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update that I had the Empirical kit fitted and it is exactly as advertised and great for the job.

The chap that fitted it was very impressed and is going to start offering it to folk where possible.

Once again, thanks for all the input. Case closed!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links