Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ambient lights flickering

Vins213

Hello, I have bought this kit https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B08P4FWJC7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and I have installed it from the USB port. Now I wanna to light on when I unlock the car or open doors, and I already found the +/- from the start/stop button (red and black wires).

With the USB there are no problems, but now I connected it to the button and the lights (the strip led) are flickering...do I have to join the + without the little fuse (cut off)? Now I have disconnected from the button and reconnected to the USB, everything is fine

waiting for the flash LOL

2023-07-15 19.48.50.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vins213 said:

I already found the +/- from the start/stop button (red and black wires).

They probably aren't what you think. Probably just a command pair that go to the computer and although they might show a nice voltage on a meter they can't supply the current you need.

I'm sure @flash22 or someone will be along in the next day or two with a suggestion for the wire you need.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jthspace said:

See this thread for the connections I think you need

Footwell Lights

Thanks but not for me, I already have installed the footwell lights

the strips are on the doors panel, I know my wires from the button but the leds flicker...12v, I have to test from a backup Battery if the leds flicker 

1 hour ago, MikeSh said:

They probably aren't what you think. Probably just a command pair that go to the computer and although they might show a nice voltage on a meter they can't supply the current you need.

That's the only 12v from the start/stop button, and it is on when unlock the car, when open doors, when lights are on...I have to test that wiring with a backup Battery to see if it flicker

there is no flickering with a 12v backup Battery...so where's the problem? 😞 

Probably it's not a static 12V but a pulse regulated one.  

Have you tried to put a capacitor in paralled to strip ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickyC said:

Probably it's not a static 12V but a pulse regulated one.  

Have you tried to put a capacitor in paralled to strip ?

nop, I have not

Probably is that, the led on the star/stop button has a dimmer light when open doors, lock the car, ignition and lights on

but also the strips are dimmerable when they turn on

• Like 1

the usb is 5v and is current limited to 500ma, what colour did you tap at the button ?

• Like 1

Just now, flash22 said:

the usb is 5v and is current limited to 500ma, what colour did you tap at the button ?

red for the +, black for the - if I remember correctly

something like this LOL

1.JPG

It's a 10 pin - you tapped the button supply from the ecu (red in your pic) instead of the  illumination

View - Socket or wire side of the plug

xp130startbutton.thumb.jpg.60236bd7421600a001b16721c7932d8c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

It's a 10 pin - you tapped the button supply from the ecu (red in your pic) instead of the  illumination

Socket or wire side of the plug view

xp130startbutton.thumb.jpg.60236bd7421600a001b16721c7932d8c.jpg

uhm, honestly I don't remember perfectly the position of the wires, but with a tester I saw that (with lights on or door opened) those two were the only ones giving 12v, and 0v with the lights off (or door closed)

I'll check the 6 and 9 pin tonight, thanks Bob

Just now, flash22 said:

Illumination only works with lights on

my start/stop illumination button works when I unlock the car, when I open a door (not only the driver door), shuts when I'm driving with lights off after 7.5sec from closing car (or door, with the same time of the ambient/foot lights), and then the illumination works with lights on obviously

I can make a video, it's a sunny and hot day but I think the illumination button can be seen

ah its on that circuit, yes that is a pwm circuit so no good for your needs as its controlled by the B-ecu aka BCM

take the illumination from the headlight level switch or radio

870534099_gen3hllevelill.thumb.jpg.4f9f505e03961bb42531eb7d00986101.jpg

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

ah its on that circuit, yes that is a pwm circuit so no good for your needs

take the illumination from the headlight level switch or radio

Nnnooooooo.... 😞 I was searching a positive for the illumination when unlocking/opening-door/lights-on and the button was perfect for that 😞  really sad

the headlight level already has a join for the mirror switch, same from the A/C panel illumination for extra foot led front/back...

I think I'll leave the second USB port connected to the chinese radio 😞 

It can be done, just not with that controller

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

It can be done, just not with that controller

tell me how 😄 I can take +12 from the positive foot illumination for unlocking/opening doors, but there is a problem when I turn on lights...no illumination

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

do not touch the locking system

nop, but the OEM foot illumination works with unlock and door opened...I can join +12 with the positive of the strip led, but then I'll have no illumination when I switch the lights on

The footwell plugs are on the same supply as the start button, you can use led's no issue, but not with that controller as it uses PWM to control the RGB output

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The footwell plugs are on the same supply as the start button, you can use led's no issue, but not with that controller as it uses PWM to control the RGB output

😞 and what controller can I use?

It gets technical as the B-ecu ramps up and down, are the 3 LEDs in that kit 2, 3 or 4 wire ?

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

It gets technical as the B-ecu ramps up and down, are the 3 LEDs in that kit 2, 3 or 4 wire ?

IMG_5424.jpeg

IMG_5425.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links