Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Profile syncing issues

ChrisON

I'm now getting the 'Can't Sync profile' error almost every time l use the car and l don't understand what the problem is. I'm having to reenter my MyT password each time as pressing 'Cancel' only makes it go away for a few minutes then it nags constantly - distracting to say the least. What is really annoying is it always happens a few minutes after moving off so l have to pull over to enter my password. It happens with me (Android Phone) and my partner (Apple phone). I have a Carsifi but this was happening before l fitted it.

Additionally, another annoying issue is when entering a password the shift key is very difficult to get working - numerous pressings fail to make anything happen. All the other keys work exactly as expected. I've got round it by changing my password to have no uppercase letters.

I don't understand which bit is failing - is it Car<->Phone? Car(DCM) <-> Toyota? Something else?

Entirely possible I'm doing something wrong but am scratching my head a bit. Scoured the user guide but they are not very helpful for troubleshooting.

Suggestions welcome.

Chris

• Like 1

We picked up the wife’s new Yaris yesterday. I had already set up an account and My T was working. However, during the handover they told me to completely delete MyT and download TOYOTA My T - the new App. All is fine, except it doesn’t have ‘Send To car’ in it, but does have additional features. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ChrisON said:

I don't understand which bit is failing ...

I don't have such an issue and can offer only a semi-intelligent guess - so apologies if it doesn't help / adds confusion ...

I assume that it is the car media system. When we start the car, it logs in to our Toyota account to 'get' Toyota services. When we initially set-up the system it is supposed to remember the password and not have to ask subsequently - yours appears to have had a relapse.

I'm reasonably confident that it has nothing to do with the DCM, the MyT app or Toyota's servers ... 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

We picked up the wife’s new Yaris yesterday. I had already set up an account and My T was working. However, during the handover they told me to completely delete MyT and download TOYOTA My T - the new App. All is fine, except it doesn’t have ‘Send To car’ in it, but does have additional features. 

Yes, there are two apps. The Toyota MyT is, as far as l can tell, for the Yaris/Yaris Cross & Aygo X only and it's the MyT app for everything else. WTF? Why on earth would they need to produce two?

I've sent a message with a description of the problem off to Toyota UK so we'll see what they say. The service people at my local Toyota dealer were a bit nonplussed and couldn't suggest anything.

Chris

On 7/22/2023 at 8:14 AM, ChrisON said:

I'm now getting the 'Can't Sync profile' error almost every time l use the car and l don't understand what the problem is. I'm having to reenter my MyT password each time as pressing 'Cancel' only makes it go away for a few minutes then it nags constantly - distracting to say the least. What is really annoying is it always happens a few minutes after moving off so l have to pull over to enter my password. It happens with me (Android Phone) and my partner (Apple phone). I have a Carsifi but this was happening before l fitted it.

Additionally, another annoying issue is when entering a password the shift key is very difficult to get working - numerous pressings fail to make anything happen. All the other keys work exactly as expected. I've got round it by changing my password to have no uppercase letters.

I don't understand which bit is failing - is it Car<->Phone? Car(DCM) <-> Toyota? Something else?

Entirely possible I'm doing something wrong but am scratching my head a bit. Scoured the user guide but they are not very helpful for troubleshooting.

Suggestions welcome.

Chris

I've had this problem occasionally ever since I had my car. I've reported it to Toyota but nothing ever gets done about it. It's very annoying as it expects you to enter a password while driving. 

Here are a few suggestions which have sometimes worked for me.

1. Enter the password- can work temporarily and sometime cures it.

2. Use the MyT app (NOT Toyota MyT - this does not seem to work for my bZ4X). Go to "Login on multimedia device" on the app while in front of your car screen. Follow the instructions and scan the QR code on your car display to login. This usually works but not always.

3. Log out and then back in to your account in the car and start again using the same settings. Sometimes this seems to re-engage the system

I'm sure it is just Toyota's software/servers not doing their job properly and it seems to have affected quite a few bZ4X users.

• Like 3

This was happening to me several months ago, and was beyond annoying. The profile sync error would pop up at the most inconvenient time and in my opinion is downright dangerous, as a modal dialog box on the screen commands attention while you are driving! After several cycles of re-entering passwords, in the end I just deleted the profile in-car. The idea is that you can take your key into any new Toyota car you come across and it will figure out who you are so that it can ‘sync profile’ so that it will load up your favourite radio station list. This obviously involves remote communication with Toyota servers. Well, duh, that’s not something I’m interested in having. And certainly not at the expense of an intrusive and possibly dangerous dialog box in the event of a comms problem. My driving experience has been fine after I ditched it.

The only thing that bugs me now is the annoying message I get several times a day when I am driving lazily with one hand. It’s so easy to drive one-handed with power steering on the twisty lanes near my house, but the dumb placement of the face detector camera means that it sometimes goes blind if your hand/arm goes near the top of wheel. It’s beeped and slid the speedo indicator off to one side so many times that it’s cried wolf just too often. If something properly important needed to get my temporary attention I’d likely not notice now. I’d dearly like to be able to get rid of this unhelpful feature.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Mister Mike said:

This was happening to me several months ago, and was beyond annoying. The profile sync error would pop up at the most inconvenient time and in my opinion is downright dangerous, as a modal dialog box on the screen commands attention while you are driving! After several cycles of re-entering passwords, in the end I just deleted the profile in-car. The idea is that you can take your key into any new Toyota car you come across and it will figure out who you are so that it can ‘sync profile’ so that it will load up your favourite radio station list. This obviously involves remote communication with Toyota servers. Well, duh, that’s not something I’m interested in having. And certainly not at the expense of an intrusive and possibly dangerous dialog box in the event of a comms problem. My driving experience has been fine after I ditched it.

The only thing that bugs me now is the annoying message I get several times a day when I am driving lazily with one hand. It’s so easy to drive one-handed with power steering on the twisty lanes near my house, but the dumb placement of the face detector camera means that it sometimes goes blind if your hand/arm goes near the top of wheel. It’s beeped and slid the speedo indicator off to one side so many times that it’s cried wolf just too often. If something properly important needed to get my temporary attention I’d likely not notice now. I’d dearly like to be able to get rid of this unhelpful feature.

Deleting my profile - I'll try it. Thanks Mike. I would be less frustrated with it if it took a press of the cancel button to mean 'Stop annoying me'; as you say it's a dangerous issue.

Yeah, I'm a lazy one hand driver too and the driver attention feature is annoying. I know, I know, more disciplined drivers will say l should position my hands on the wheel 'properly' but that has never felt right for me in any car l have ever had.

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mister Mike said:

Totally understand your frustration! This is really annoying and even potentially dangerous when using the satnav and having to press cancel just to see the map. That persistent issue in the middle of the screen is indeed a bug with the car. It's a shame that Toyota hasn't addressed it yet, but I hope they take it seriously soon.

My dealer has created a ticket for this problem, and I really hope they respond promptly to resolve it. Having two drivers who rely on this feature makes it even more essential for a smooth driving experience. Let's remain optimistic and hope for a positive outcome SOON!? 😜😜😜😜

P. S. Hey there, Toyota Motor or Toyota UK, it would be fantastic if you could join us in this forum! Your insights and presence would be greatly appreciated! 

• Like 3

I have just permanently logged out and use the car as a 'Guest'. Need to hit cancel once when starting the car when the message pops up. 

The MyT app still syncs to the car for Battery and location info but the prompt doesn't come up when driving. I can't quite believe how distracting it is and how that *feature* passed production testing. 

Causes me zero issues using the car as 'Guest'. 

• Like 1

Quick FYI, this works for me everytime it crops up every few months. Change your PW on the website first, then update the app and the issue disappears until "next time", but next time is often months apart

• Like 1

On the RZ you can turn the face detector camera off. 

I received a reply from Toyota UK - can't say as I'm too impressed with having to take these steps. The word 'hopefully' in the 2nd to last sentence doesn't fill me with confidence.

1. Delete the car from the MyT account

2. Delete the bluetooth pairings.

3. Change my password on my MyT account

4. Re-add the car to MyT account

5. Re establish bluetooth pairing

6. Re-sync profile(s)

I've got it working in Guest mode at the moment - and that stops the persistent resync nag message; BUT....once l hit cancel to stay in guest mode the system then stays on the profile selection screen until l do something.

You do have to wonder if anyone tested this.

Chris

image.thumb.png.ce3c4caa5ff7829f0186e28386f476c7.png

Chris

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChrisON said:

They are! You are! That's the 21st century software development process. Get the software out quickly and let the user community find the bugs! OK, I'm a tad jaundiced and will go stand in the corner ... 😉

But to be honest, the delete it, clear it down and start again 'fix' hardly inspires confidence and really won't help unless something else has been fixed in the underlying system[s]. Hopefully it has!

On 8/3/2023 at 8:17 AM, ChrisON said:

I received a reply from Toyota UK - can't say as I'm too impressed with having to take these steps. The word 'hopefully' in the 2nd to last sentence doesn't fill me with confidence.

1. Delete the car from the MyT account

2. Delete the Bluetooth pairings.

3. Change my password on my MyT account

4. Re-add the car to MyT account

5. Re establish bluetooth pairing

6. Re-sync profile(s)

I've got it working in Guest mode at the moment - and that stops the persistent resync nag message; BUT....once l hit cancel to stay in guest mode the system then stays on the profile selection screen until l do something.

Chris

image.thumb.png.ce3c4caa5ff7829f0186e28386f476c7.png

Chris

Quick FYI, this works for me everytime it crops up every few months. Change your PW on the website first, then update the app and the issue disappears until "next time", but next time is often months apart

• 3 months later...

Hello, has anyone else suffered from this screen pop-up and if so how on earth do you get rid of it! It repeats every five minutes (!!!!) and in the process kicks me out of Apple CarPlay.

It's utterly infuriating, especially when using sat nav.

The full message is "latest profile could not be loaded using the network" then asks to enter  a password. I enter my app password and it doesn't work, but my phone still connects to the car, so don't know what profile they mean?

I've tried the Toyota advice (shown below) but it doesn't work. Any other good ideas?? Desperate! (not enough to go to a dealership. That would be next level desperation)

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 10.55.37.png

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 10.57.44.png

• Like 1

Also check that you have a green light on the SOS module by the rear view mirror. If not, you have a data module glitch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RabButler said:

Also check that you have a green light on the SOS module by the rear view mirror. If not, you have a data module glitch.

That's right. I had this alert and it was during the SOS module showing a red light at the same time. The OTA update seems to have fixed it for me.

The same happened to me (repeating out of sync message), i am still with the "old" MyT app, I needed to open it and check all new disclaimers, same in web profile.

I had this non stop for a couple of weeks a while a go and the message would popup every few minutes too, I tried all sorts and I tried readding my car to the app as the web page that would be opened on the car would never accept the correct password.

On 11/27/2023 at 8:55 PM, RabButler said:

That is something good to check. I also have just had the e-call recall, which might be related. Dealer trip looking inevitable!

If you are the only driver, or can live without profile customisation, use the default profile. Works every time! I've faced this issue intermittently for years, and the dealer was unable to resolve it even after patching the communication's model. 

• Like 1

I've solved it! I don't really know how though. I inputted the password (same one, again) on the touchscreen and then it said if wanted to connect with the app via the QR code. I'm already connected with the app and the QR never worked during the initial (painful) connection when I bought the car, but out of boredom more than anything else I clicked on the app, and there was a message asking me if I wanted to connect with the car (wish I'd screenshotted the exact message).

Anyway, I said yes and I got taken to a new screen on the app I hadn't seen before, asking me to verify the mileage on the car and bingo I was in and... NO MORE POP UPS!!!.

Downside is that my wife got kicked out of HER app connection (shrug emoji), but sorry darling, this is a MAJOR win. Victory! For now anyway

• 2 weeks later...

@philip42h Sorry to say that my brand new 2023 Hybrid Corolla has exactly the same problem so it looks like they still haven't fixed it and probably never will.

Given that a large message popping up at random intervals is highly distracting this is a serious safety issue so I'm surprised Toyota have yet to address it and don't even bother to mention it on their help website.

I suppose personal profiles are a bit of a gimmick and having to stick to guest mode and live without it won't be that much of a hardship if it means my view of the sat nav map won't suddenly get blocked every time I get to a critical junction.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links